Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dodge Ram Paint Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Ram Paint Ideas

Well, came back from spring break vacation to find my whole roof clear coat is pealing off. Really starting to make me mad...hood's starting to do the same thing. That's one thing I never have understood about the differences between Dodge and GM. My truck's an '01 only got 126k on it and the clear coat is pealing bad. My dad's '99 GMC Suburban is barely fading on the roof and fenders. Go figure. Sorry for the rant.

Anyway, I was just wondering if there was anything I could try to do to save it before having to paint the whole thing.

As for when I do paint it, I'm thinking about something like this (sorry it's blurry, not my pic, but about only one I could find) http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/d...nt=Dads057.jpg
It's Stacy David's Little Red Wagon project that he built on the TV show Trucks on SpikeTV a few years ago. If anyone can find more pics of it, particularly the hood and paint, I'd appreciate it. I believe its a PPG Candy Apple Red. I think the hood is an AAR style. If anyone knows where I could find one of these, Please post up!

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to them.

Here's the current pics minus the current state of pealing:
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...hp?albumid=112
Old 03-17-2009, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Unless I'm mistaken. I forget about the clear, but this is actually quite common. The years around when your truck was built a water-based paint was used. About the only thing that I know to do is a new paint and clear.

Nice truck by the way.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:10 AM
Banned

you're going to need a repint for sure, but i wouldnt recommend a true candy paint for a daily driver. its almost impossible to match if you get a scratch, or any kind of fender bender, you'd have to repaint the whole thing all over again. best bet is to just keep your eyes open for a color you like on another car and note the make and model.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you do want to know more about stacey david's project little red wagon you could get on his gearztv website. I have not tried to find info on it, but I do know he still has the truck and im sure if you asked, you would receive.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SBTork
if you do want to know more about stacey david's project little red wagon you could get on his gearztv website. I have not tried to find info on it, but I do know he still has the truck and im sure if you asked, you would receive.
I didn't find it on the site, and I'm not having any luck on Google. Maybe somebody else knows something. I'd say the best chance is e-mailing him and trying to find out that way.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:29 AM
Launching!

Thanks a lot. I used to have that episode recorded on my DVR, but made the mistake of deleting it. I emailed him a long time ago about the Little Red Wagon, but never heard from him. Guess I'll try again.

Any suggestions for my truck as far as paint, lights, etc. I do know I want to do a 1 piece chrome headlight, but don't know about the halos (I like them, just don't know how it would look on my truck). As for the taillights I'm holding out for the right kind of LEDs, just haven't found the one I like the best yet. Do y'all think I can do a 2/4 drop with my current wheels? As it sits, the wheels stick out about 1/2 inch from the fenders. I know there's not a whole lot out there for my truck, but any suggestions would help.

Thanks again
Old 03-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Launching!

Ok, I think I've narrowed it down to either the red from the '04-'05 SRT-10 Rams or the darker red on the '06 SRT-10 Rams.

Here's the '04-'05 red (first truck on first page)
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthre...&highlight=red

Here's the '06 red. I like it because in certain light, it almost has a burnt orange shimmer
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...3A1|240%3A1318

Does anyone know the paint names and codes for either of these?
Lemme know what y'all think