SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't buy turtle wax liquid clay bar Ice!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 06:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't buy turtle wax liquid clay bar Ice!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I had some of the wax laying around and decided I would go over the truck with it since I washed it today. Said rub on and rinse of and towel dry. That is what I did and it dulled the paint out so bad that I am going to have to buff the whole truck again. I tried waxing a few areas like the instructions said and it still looks like sh*t. Called turtle wax and they offered my money back and I told them to stick up there a** that I wanted someone to come spend a day of there time helping me fix what there product f*cked up.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jkade72
Well I had some of the wax laying around and decided I would go over the truck with it since I washed it today. Said rub on and rinse of and towel dry. That is what I did and it dulled the paint out so bad that I am going to have to buff the whole truck again. I tried waxing a few areas like the instructions said and it still looks like sh*t. Called turtle wax and they offered my money back and I told them to stick up there a** that I wanted someone to come spend a day of there time helping me fix what there product f*cked up.

thanks for the heads up bro
Old 07-31-2007, 07:09 PM
Self proclaimed VILLAGE IDIOT

I actually almost bought some of this last night. Thanks for the warning.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:26 PM
Launching!

When you clayed it you used the Ice as lube correct? do half a hood-soak it with ice, then clay, (its like a mild mild wetsand)dont apply much pressure, and wipe off...and the reason it looks like **** now is it removed the old finish, or wax and contaminants, now your seeing whats happened underneath. Its always recommended you buff and wax always after clay use--im a detailer just thought id throw you some advice bro! Seeing as how you cant get the stuff im used to using, if you dont want to put much effort into bringing your paint back, get meguiars hi-tech carnauba wax, go over the whole truck, then remove with a soft towel and wuahlah!
Old 08-01-2007, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TylerCustoms
When you clayed it you used the Ice as lube correct? do half a hood-soak it with ice, then clay, (its like a mild mild wetsand)dont apply much pressure, and wipe off...and the reason it looks like **** now is it removed the old finish, or wax and contaminants, now your seeing whats happened underneath. Its always recommended you buff and wax always after clay use--im a detailer just thought id throw you some advice bro! Seeing as how you cant get the stuff im used to using, if you dont want to put much effort into bringing your paint back, get meguiars hi-tech carnauba wax, go over the whole truck, then remove with a soft towel and wuahlah!
That stuff they use at Auto detailing places is pretty good but I would say you can find comparable items in the detailing section. I am glad I didn't buy that stuff because I was choosing between that and Mother Clay bar kit. I went with the Mother's and WOW a huge difference in the shine and feel of the paint.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:37 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah i use the mothers on mine too i like it alot
Old 08-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Formerly 08_gmc_slt-08/20/2010

So have we decided this Turtle Wax liquid clay is crap? I was going to buy some on several occasions, but had a problem with the $13 buck price tag!
Old 08-01-2007, 11:05 AM
KB
13 Second Truck Club

It isn't nearly effective as traditional claybar. It's not that the product is crap it's just more time consuming to get anywhere close to the same results as using a traditional claybar.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I use Meguiars (sp) Quick Clay and I have had zero problems with it..... Just make sure you don't drop the clay bar on the ground cause small rocks can get stuck in it and then it will scratch your paint....
Old 08-01-2007, 11:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That clay bar is crap. I bought it for my 88 Silverado because there was some tree sap on my hood. I did everything the instructions told me and to my surprise, it didnt even take off the sap. Luckly I was able to find a old clay bar in my cleaning bin.

Quick Reply: Don't buy turtle wax liquid clay bar Ice!!!!!!!!!!!