Old 02-14-2005, 02:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wire dia. for those that are lost lol like me
Old 02-14-2005, 10:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Scream
I'll have to get it on video to better illustrate how it looks. This will give you a little better idea of how it looks...the small 194 bulb on the outside blinks opposite of the two lamps closer to the grille. The two lamps closest to the grille blink together.

i just did this to my truck yedter day. took me about an hour or so. i was pooking *** and making everything look neat. (the wires i mean) and let me tell you.... it looks fukcream awesome!!! only thing i dont like is that little light in the corner that blinks opposite of the other two. can this be fixed???? it would look sick if all 3 would blink at the same time!!!
Old 02-15-2005, 03:26 AM
TECH Resident

wait cant you just use the drl socket and tie it into the turn sig??? or??? wire dia would help
Old 02-15-2005, 06:44 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The DRL socket only uses brighter element of the 3157...so that bulb lights up brighter than the one next to it. There really isn't a need for a wiring diagram--you just connect the wires from the new socket to the corresponding wires on the existing socket.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Scream
The DRL socket only uses brighter element of the 3157...so that bulb lights up brighter than the one next to it. There really isn't a need for a wiring diagram--you just connect the wires from the new socket to the corresponding wires on the existing socket.

exactly!!!! black to black blue to blue brown to brown..... its not freak'n rocket science!!
Old 02-16-2005, 01:15 AM
TECH Resident

forgive me, but im not very bright some times when it comes to this stuff...but ok so clip the drl lights and then in place you hook up those other sockets???
Old 02-16-2005, 01:18 AM
TECH Resident

and so with the drl being a brighter elem. is that why you cant have leds in there because it just uses more volts???because ive had leds in there and they lasted about 2 months and they evently all burned out
Old 02-16-2005, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by *WILDSTYLE 5.3*
exactly!!!! black to black blue to blue brown to brown..... its not freak'n rocket science!!
Well that's ok, if you get them off a totaled truck maybe. But I bought the sockets about 2 months ago and haven't got to install them yet, but my sockets are entirely white with 3 white wires. So I'm having to go by the lettering on the sockets and match that up.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2002yroneformula
Well that's ok, if you get them off a totaled truck maybe. But I bought the sockets about 2 months ago and haven't got to install them yet, but my sockets are entirely white with 3 white wires. So I'm having to go by the lettering on the sockets and match that up.

oh well yeah that will work to but i just said the colors so it would be easier to understand...

2 months!!!! put em on!!!! and where did you get them at???
Old 02-16-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by *WILDSTYLE 5.3*
oh well yeah that will work to but i just said the colors so it would be easier to understand...

2 months!!!! put em on!!!! and where did you get them at???
I ordered them new from the dealership. I haven't had time to put them on yet, cause I've been swamped with work. I just got the chance to wash the truck for the first time in a month 3 days ago. I should have them on by next weekend though, cause finals are coming up in 4 days.

Quick Reply: DRL / Turn Signal Mod, Part 2