SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drop Almost Completed To My Liking, What Do You Guys Think?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good! Not my first choice in wheel but better then stock!

Now it is time to relise enough is never enough, drive your *** to ohio(short trip!) and lets bag it like you know you want to!

How is the lowered truck in Texas working out for you? We all get a hard time from many people but I gotta imagine many Texans are as welcoming as the military should be to gays and lesbiens.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:11 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

So when you drop the new trucks this much, do you have to notch the frame? I know my 2/4 on my truck it would hit the frame on every little bump...
Old 10-21-2010, 08:19 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by custm2500
Looks good! Not my first choice in wheel but better then stock!

Now it is time to relise enough is never enough, drive your *** to ohio(short trip!) and lets bag it like you know you want to!

How is the lowered truck in Texas working out for you? We all get a hard time from many people but I gotta imagine many Texans are as welcoming as the military should be to gays and lesbiens.
I do want to notch and bag it on the ground so the frame and body will sit in the gravel, another day maybe.

I get a lot of comments on how nice it looks lowered, everyone around here cuts me some slack because this is how I rolled for 2 years prior.

Plus my lowered truck is pulling a trailer around some, welding tralier, smoker, etc so they are like that's pretty bad *** you can tow with that truck.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:23 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
So when you drop the new trucks this much, do you have to notch the frame? I know my 2/4 on my truck it would hit the frame on every little bump...
Nah, no notch needed at this height, in order to go any lower I would have to do a flip kit and etc.
If I was to haul a heavy trailer right now the back would bottom out, but that's what the bag system I'm going to install is for.
Right now I don't have any issues with the truck bottoming out on bumps.
I road tested it earlier on a notorious stretch of rough highway with 4 of us in the cab, full tank of gas, and full weight truck at 70 to 95 speeds and no issues bottoming out.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

That is good information to know! The frames must be completely different between the body styles... Truck looks good! BTW how does it ride?
Old 10-21-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

truck is coming out real good man !
Old 10-21-2010, 08:34 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
That is good information to know! The frames must be completely different between the body styles... Truck looks good! BTW how does it ride?
Surprisingly I have been fortunate in how it rides, must be the combo I went with in the rear that helps out. It rides better than a flip kit rides and on smooth surfaces you can't tell a difference from stock, on rougher surfaces it is a little stiffer riding than stock, but not as stiff as a 4x4 suspension.

Originally Posted by Three6GMC
truck is coming out real good man !
Thanks man, been a quick 3 months since I brought her home, lol.

How's your beast for under the hood coming along?
Old 10-21-2010, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you like the rear sway bar so far? It's something I've been considering on mine. Also, next time you're under it can you give me an idea how close it comes to the diff cover?
Old 10-21-2010, 09:15 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Preston129
How do you like the rear sway bar so far? It's something I've been considering on mine. Also, next time you're under it can you give me an idea how close it comes to the diff cover?
I love it, a very noticeable improvement in a handling, especially around corners at speed. The Hellwig is nice because it has 3 easy to adjust settings.

I can measure it for you next week when I put her up on the rack or see if I can get you a close up pick of just the Hellwig and Differential if this doesn't show you what you want to know.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think you should top it all off with some headlights with cleared refelectors

other than that it looks great!!

Quick Reply: Drop Almost Completed To My Liking, What Do You Guys Think?