Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever chopped a top??

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
thats what I am talking about... definitely cool!!! I like the laid back windshield look that comes from chopping it down. I have been getting all kinds of ideas here lately. most of which I have never seen or only seen very rarely due do difficulty or whatever. I just want to find out if there's anyone with more experience than me on this. I have limited knowledge on this subject.
I was looking back in some of my older truck magazines last night and came up on the exact article you're needing to chop a late model gm truck. It had all the pics, etc. I'll try to get the article scanned for you, but if not....I can send it to you in the mail or something. It was pretty detailed and the project came out awesome!!!
Old 11-22-2005, 12:59 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

i wanna see
Old 11-22-2005, 01:11 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by slowprocess
I was looking back in some of my older truck magazines last night and came up on the exact article you're needing to chop a late model gm truck. It had all the pics, etc. I'll try to get the article scanned for you, but if not....I can send it to you in the mail or something. It was pretty detailed and the project came out awesome!!!
Hell yeah that would be great man!!! I would have to pm you my address if you couldnt get it scanned though. I am in Iraq right now so it may make things a little more difficult to get here. It would give me something to plan out in detail to do before I got home to cut it up. good lookin out.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I} think chopped tops on nbs dont look right, they are unproportional..

Old 11-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I say go for it.It will look nice if you do it rite and take your time. You can cut the windows an winsheild with a sand blaster. I would suggest using 2 roofs so you can keep the roof the sam size so you don't have to lay the posts down. My dad has done probabley 30 chops or so thats how I know the glass can be cut with a blaster. Good luck if you go with it..Plus if you have done one before thats just more exp.. under your belt.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:20 PM

this one is a buddy of mines truck. its guna be a bad bitch when its done....ahem, if it ever gets finished.

i would chop the top on my truck if it wasnt so damn expensive. i always thought the cabs were too tall on almost ALL chevy trucks, so it looks more proportional to me. i say go for it. youll be suprised how much of a difference 3" will make.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TXsilverado

this one is a buddy of mines truck. its guna be a bad bitch when its done....ahem, if it ever gets finished.

i would chop the top on my truck if it wasnt so damn expensive. i always thought the cabs were too tall on almost ALL chevy trucks, so it looks more proportional to me. i say go for it. youll be suprised how much of a difference 3" will make.
This truck doesn't look unproportional to me as it sits right there. Its the damn Nissan Titan frontend that makes it look shitty
Old 11-22-2005, 09:38 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen it done in a magazine or two...one even had an article of how they did it...can't remember which mag, it was a while ago I think it looks really good when it's done right. Plus, if you're short like me (5'10" on a good day), you still have a good foot to play with before headroom becomes an issue....helps to be bald too
Old 11-23-2005, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by OUT2WIN
This truck doesn't look unproportional to me as it sits right there. Its the damn Nissan Titan frontend that makes it look shitty
i like the titan front end. once you get rid of that little emblem people wont know what the hell it is. that was before pictures anyways. they had problems tucking those big *** rims on a frame laying body dropped truck. they didnt want to cut holes in the hood so i think they are going with an escelade front clip because its a taller fender. pretty sure they are still going with the titan grille though. this is just hear say from my little sister and her boyfriend.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:11 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like it since it is something different I dont like having something like everyone else if I can help it. Go for it man. What color would you go with when you repaint it?

Quick Reply: Ever chopped a top??