SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few Nitrous install pics, I'm getting started :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 07:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

just fyi...don't drill through your gas tank when making the hole for the blowdown tube
Old 05-15-2008, 08:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything looks good. I was able to run my blowdown tube through the cab vent in the back wall of the cab. Also, I mangled my original tube, so I found some 1/2" aluminum fuel line and bent it to fit. Most race shops carry it, I found it at a circle track race shop. Also, you can use the AN-8 flare nut and fitting to make your own blow down tube with that 1/2" aluminum line. All you'll need is a single flare tool. I was able to hide all of the solenoids under the engine cover, and hide the braided lines with that black wire loom.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DozerDan
just fyi...don't drill through your gas tank when making the hole for the blowdown tube
Yah I made sure not to let the whole bit go threw the floor, when mounting the tank. I fig there could be something under there that could ruin my day..

I am going to make my blow down tube from a stainless pipe, polish it up. Also I am using all stainless hardware. I want to take the dome light over ride button and use that for my actual nitrous button, instead of the wide open switch, but thats down the road a lil. I am going to try and hide the sols, mask the lines, buy tring to run them in other wires looms, might even get the bottle painted like a fire ext Thanks for all the comments an info guys.

John

Last edited by Mangled03gmc; 05-15-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:50 PM
TECH Resident

Looks good John. I still haven't installed my blow down tube yet. I think the burst disk is rated for 1200 psi. I still need to get a pipe bender and route it out of the cab vent. I was thinking about buying the appropriate sized braided n20 line and hooking one up to the blow down tube fitting and using that to route it out instead of dicking with a pipe bender for hours. Never really looked into it since my track's tech is signing a paper and shoe polish on the windows
Old 05-15-2008, 10:03 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by LMSeven
Looks good John. I still haven't installed my blow down tube yet. I think the burst disk is rated for 1200 psi. I still need to get a pipe bender and route it out of the cab vent. I was thinking about buying the appropriate sized braided n20 line and hooking one up to the blow down tube fitting and using that to route it out instead of dicking with a pipe bender for hours. Never really looked into it since my track's tech is signing a paper and shoe polish on the windows
Hmm could you get away with running Ssteel braided line for a blow down tube? Anybody.. If ya can then I might do that. I personally think that tube looks like ****, might only run it at the track, but who knows....

John
Old 05-16-2008, 10:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Hmm could you get away with running Ssteel braided line for a blow down tube? Anybody.. If ya can then I might do that. I personally think that tube looks like ****, might only run it at the track, but who knows....

John
Yes, you can run SS braided hose for your blow down and be track legal. You'll need a fitting to attach to the bottle, a length of SS hose, a fitting for the other end of the hose and a bulkhead fitting. Any of the nitrous sponsors should be able to hook you up.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by JeffT
Yes, you can run SS braided hose for your blow down and be track legal. You'll need a fitting to attach to the bottle, a length of SS hose, a fitting for the other end of the hose and a bulkhead fitting. Any of the nitrous sponsors should be able to hook you up.
Awsome, luckly I work for a hydraulic shop and SShose and fittings are at my finger tips...

John
Old 05-19-2008, 04:09 PM
TECH Resident

Well thats the first good idea I've had in a while

When I was looking into it, the blow down fitting size on the bottle was 8AN, I could be wrong.