Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my Duramax...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 07:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got my Duramax...

I was finally able to get myself a Duramax. I have always wanted one for a long time to be able to tow my turbo truck around as well as my farm tractors. Its a 2007.5 Duramax LMM SLT with 53k on it.

I got the truck Wednesday night and already started to mod it. I put a 5" Mangaflow turbo back exhaust and pcv re-route. I tuned it with EFILive via Duramax tuner and wow, what a difference from stock! I couldnt be happier with the truck so far. Im going to swap over the tow mirrors, tinted tails, cleared headlights, painted emblem and my avic from 09. I also want to get it tinted some more than what it has now.

Its been real shitty weather up here so I havnt been able to wash it so please excuse it being dirty. Im having the interior detailed today so Ill post up pics when its finished.

I want to level it out and put a set of 20s on it with my toyo open countrys. Im ordering gauges and egr delete for it today and soon is going to be airdog, front end sleeves and braces, traction bars etc. I plan on doing sled pulling this year so Im gonna be doing all the necessary mods but its a start.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Truck looks good. How do you have 3 different trucks now? You win the lottery or something? lol
Old 01-10-2011, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 08Chevy
Truck looks good. How do you have 3 different trucks now? You win the lottery or something? lol
Thanks man, lol no lotto here. Just hustlin the street lmao jk . Ive been saving up for a while and this deal came up so I bought the truck. Gotta de-mod the 09 and put that up for sale sometime soon.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Awesome rig man, must be nice lol
Old 01-10-2011, 09:16 AM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

Very nice man. Looks like a nice truck. Congrats and enjoy.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

pretty nice even if its a diesel haha jk man where i live diesel pullin is all people do around here..looks like u got right start man..i like all your trucks haha...ever go to sell you let me know haha
what kinda tranny work you want to put in the LMM? ATS? PPE?
Old 01-10-2011, 10:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Nice rig, cant go wrong with the duramax, i put just a bully dog tow tune on mine and it woke it up big time, moves pretty quick for a heavy *** pig, lol
Old 01-10-2011, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by Goose33
pretty nice even if its a diesel haha jk man where i live diesel pullin is all people do around here..looks like u got right start man..i like all your trucks haha...ever go to sell you let me know haha
what kinda tranny work you want to put in the LMM? ATS? PPE?
Yea all my buddies do truck pullin so Im excited to go out there this year. Im probably gonna do Suncoast for trans work. My friend has an LMM and he hasnt had a stitch of problems with his.

BTW the 09 is for sale
Old 01-10-2011, 10:58 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice truck man, the potential is endless. So with new exhaust, egr delete, and tune, how much hp and tq will you gain? I hope you sell the 09 fast, 2 new truck payments have got to hurt the wallet.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dlt76028
Nice truck man, the potential is endless. So with new exhaust, egr delete, and tune, how much hp and tq will you gain? I hope you sell the 09 fast, 2 new truck payments have got to hurt the wallet.
My friend's LMM had the same mods as what I have except he had a lift pump and when he dyno'd it he made 470/890 IIRC. The truck is a blast to drive!

Quick Reply: Finally got my Duramax...