Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauge Lighting Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 04:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Well maybe we can meet up i dont know what kind of bulbs they are but if you can soldier in the led bulbs then great. Taking it out and apart isn't a problem. Are they bulbs that you are talking about the ones that go in there.
Instead of replacing the Bulb I used blue transparent paper. Cut it to size and shape and stick it to the back side of the face plate. I did two piece together to get the shade of blue that I wanted. I did the AC panel ,light panel. Tried to do the air bag but got scared, the dam thing would not come apart. Some day I will finish it up with the window switch panels.

I got the transparent paper from Office Depot. You have to have them make it. They put a Blue piece of paper in the copy machine and use a clear piece of plastic to copy to. They ran the same piece though about three or four time to get the shade of blue for me.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:31 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds good I might try that later on for now Im just goin to do the cluster then one day when its raining or something and I have nothing to do then Ill do it.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blue 01
Instead of replacing the Bulb I used blue transparent paper. Cut it to size and shape and stick it to the back side of the face plate. I did two piece together to get the shade of blue that I wanted. I did the AC panel ,light panel. Tried to do the air bag but got scared, the dam thing would not come apart. Some day I will finish it up with the window switch panels.

I got the transparent paper from Office Depot. You have to have them make it. They put a Blue piece of paper in the copy machine and use a clear piece of plastic to copy to. They ran the same piece though about three or four time to get the shade of blue for me.
Oh wow.. thats kinda neat. How much did they charge you to make that?
Old 04-15-2005, 10:11 PM
TECH Addict

twistlocks are at oreilly auto parts pack of 2 $2.59. calterm 08522 looks like the right ones. dont know for sure as i havent pulled my dash yet. hopefully my leds will be here soon. if these are the right ones there are 1100 of them in the houston warehouse alone.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:12 PM
TECH Addict

they say 1/2" instrument panel socket hole.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

they are standard 1/2 inch instrument cluster sockets, you can always hit the junk yard and yank them out, i pulled mine from a 78 f150, the newer cars have the bulbs soldered in the sockets, and most new cars have bulbs soldered into the cluster board like the hvac controls and other switches, i wonder who had that brillant idea, bulbs last forever, you'll never have to replace them, " takes big hit off crack pipe"
Old 04-16-2005, 01:50 AM
SIN
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sroach20
twistlocks are at oreilly auto parts pack of 2 $2.59. calterm 08522 looks like the right ones. dont know for sure as i havent pulled my dash yet. hopefully my leds will be here soon. if these are the right ones there are 1100 of them in the houston warehouse alone.

Hmmm...I went to the one on N. Gessner and they had no clue what I was talking about. I did search for them myself with no luck. I guess you did better at your location. BTW...I finished up my LEDs too. I also did the turn signals with 2 T1.5 LEDs. I did the Cadillac clock too but I forgot to take a pic. It looks like there are hotspots in the pics but there isn't any.

Old 04-16-2005, 10:26 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where did you get the white face overlay for esc cluster and wher did you get that clock it looks sweet you can barely see it in the bottom corner of the first pic. How much? I didnt know there was a big ol button for power fold mirrors I thought your just pressed the top of the power window adjustment switch twice and they folded what type of truck do you drive? Your setup looks sweet btw hopefully mine will look that way in a couple of days.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:58 AM
SIN
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Where did you get the white face overlay for esc cluster and wher did you get that clock it looks sweet you can barely see it in the bottom corner of the first pic. How much? I didnt know there was a big ol button for power fold mirrors I thought your just pressed the top of the power window adjustment switch twice and they folded what type of truck do you drive? Your setup looks sweet btw hopefully mine will look that way in a couple of days.

The overlay is actually silver. I bought it a few years ago with the cluster. That was actually the first mod I ever did at 305 miles. The clock is from an 02 Escalade. I got it from ebay when I installed the Denali console. I removed the cigarette lighter and installed the clock in that spot. I think it was around $40. The fold button was also from an 02 Escalade. I installed that to control the power folding/signal mirror mirrors from an 04 Tahoe...it's a factory piece and it filled the empty pocket. The Tahoe is an 02...so I dont have the mirror folding control on the power window adjustment switch.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:05 PM
TECH Regular

wait wait wiat. so is it true that this wont work on an 04 tahoe? and as u see it there is no way to modify it to make it work either? how come i get ripped!

Quick Reply: Gauge Lighting Instructions