Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gaylord vs Snugtop

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 02:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ******* vs Snugtop

Has anyone had any experience with either the ******* X2000 tonneau or the Snugtop Snuglid. I am undecided about which to get. From what I have seen they both look to be great tonneau covers. If you have another bed cover you like, what kind? Also does anyone know where I can get a good deal on either?
Old 02-05-2004, 02:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like my Snugtop But it Four months old and the locks are Rusting up have to get New one Snugtop Said its Under And im going to Get some new ones....I like the ******** but it Does not come painted and You have a Chance it might not Macth if its not painted Right......the ******* also is not as hard to open and Close as the Snugtop.....Good Deal.....Where do ya live.....
Old 02-05-2004, 03:00 PM
TECH Addict

I got a SnugLid SL right before Christmas, I installed it with the help of a friend in an hour. I only really needed his help to get it onto the truck. No drilling is required. The hinge system is pretty trick, and it only requires the removal of two bolts to take the cover off the truck. It shuts and latches like the trunk of a car. Like was said above, it's pretty hard to shut, but I figure it's because the struts are new and in order to shut such big flat lid you have to displace a lot of air. It seals almost weather tight, hardly any dust or water has gotten inside. The underside is carpeted, which wasn't important to me, but it does finish the underside nicely. The finish matched my truck 100% and is smoother and shines better than the rest of the truck.

The ******** X-2000 was my other option, they are comparable as far as features are concerned, but it was $1300+ and the SnugLid SL was $1050.

I don't think you'll be dissappointed with either one, at least until your cc bill comes.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Launching!

Have you guys ever heard of WWW.LEER.com Had one on my 99 and was great.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:59 PM
14 Second Truck Club

i really like the look of the raider lids...
Old 02-06-2004, 10:03 AM
TECH Addict

1Slow5.3, is the locks rusting up a big problem or is easy fixed? Also, I am in GA. I think I might go with the snugtop, I have recently heard a lot of good things about them, except the are had to close. More than likely that will not be a factor because I will hardly open it, I don't plan to haul much. I have looked at the leer covers but I am looking for something low profile.

I haven't heard of raider lids, do they have a website?
Old 02-06-2004, 04:01 PM
Launching!

02Blue.....Its not the locks it the Little Silver ring around the outside of the lock not a big Deal just Got to take it to the dealer said they would put in new ones for free...Paid 920 intalled for mine...it has no carpet on the under side....and i saved money cuz i did not buy the hinge system mine Screws into the bed...its not cuz im cheap but the guy that worked there had a truck just like mine but with 20s on it and he said is will Bounce out of line some times...
Old 02-06-2004, 07:11 PM
TECH Junkie

I have a snugtop and it has been repainted a couple times but they do have a good warranty so it wasn't a hassle. I'd recommend them.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:55 AM
TECH Addict

Where can I get a snugtop?
Old 02-08-2004, 10:14 AM
TECH Addict

Go to Sungtop and search for dealers in your area. If there isn't one, they provide a phone number for Mid-America truck tops, who will ship one to you. That's what I had to do.

Quick Reply: Gaylord vs Snugtop