SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gaylord vs Snugtop

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 11:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with the ******* it is by far the best there is to buy. They come painted from the factory to match whatever your vehicle is.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought about going with the *******, the price is just up there. Any idea to where I can find one at a lower price?

Has anyone had Mid-America ship one to the east coast, and what did it cost ya? There are no dealers around me, unless I go to Nashville. Kinda far though.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:28 AM
14 Second Truck Club

heres the link for the Raider Lids....

http://www.raider.ca/index3/LoRider.htm
Old 02-10-2004, 03:34 PM
Staging Lane

i have sold a few snugtops to some members of other forums. i can get a pretty good deal on them. where are you located?
Old 02-10-2004, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My dad has a ******* X2000 and it's nice and all but a huge pain in the *** to istall. I would suggest the model below it. However we recieved our with a bent bracket so we called them and they sent us everything that was in the box with the bracket (the shocks and a few other things). The paint was matched almost perfectly and it came to us painted. If you have any questions or want pictures or anything just PM me.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lowred, I am located in GA. Have you seen the lids after they were installed, did they look nice?

72firebird, Installation shouldn't be a problem. I will do what I have to as long as it looks good and functions properly once installed. Is the warranty as good as a snugtop?

I have heard good things about both now, so it is just a matter of getting the best deal on one.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The physical installation isn't too bad. but the bad thing is getting it lined up. However I think they have something new that makes it easier to aline. The job wasn't a one person job that is for sure. Whenever we put ours on my dad went around with a small ruler and made it so it stuf out within like an 1/8" all the way around. I will try and get you a few pictures tonight or tomorrow to show you the bracket and the parts to it.

On a side note, watever bed cover you do install I would suggest geting some clear 3m tape to put on your bad wear the seal with sit. If you don't put the tape after a few years the paint will wear off. We had a hard time finding stuff wide enough but I think we have some extra if you want it.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 02BlueStepside
lowred, I am located in GA. Have you seen the lids after they were installed, did they look nice?

72firebird, Installation shouldn't be a problem. I will do what I have to as long as it looks good and functions properly once installed. Is the warranty as good as a snugtop?

I have heard good things about both now, so it is just a matter of getting the best deal on one.
yeah, the snug is the best looking IMO, but the ******* has some nice hinges. the snug comes off easy though. the money i could save you would be lost if you had it shipped. if you were local, it would be a good deal. the warranty on snugtops is AWESOME. they have the GM approved logo on them just like the goodmark hoods as well. so GM approves. if that means anything LOL.