Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grant steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 07:24 AM
Notorious BIG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grant steering wheel

I bought this wheel over a year ago and finally got around to installing it on saturday. Thanks to wkdivr for giving me a hand and supplying the steering wheel puller. It was actually really easy to install and turned out pretty nice. I still have mixed feelings on it though, i reallly like the look of it, but the factory wheel is leather wrapped which i really like where this one is not. All buttons and horn and air bag still function. Oh, and i also had some help from my little man wearing Camo!

Old 08-24-2009, 07:25 AM
Notorious BIG

Old 08-24-2009, 09:28 AM
TECH Junkie

I like it.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the "pebbled" grips, but the bottom of the wheel w/. that flat racecar look isn't my cup of tea. I also don't like the logo where it's at, I prefer the old style Grant wheel (pre-airbag) w/. logo right in the center not on the bottom. Roll w/. the changes tho. No offense. I do like some things bout your new wheel just not everything. Long as it satisfies your needs.

I do have a Q: You said the factory 1 is leather, while the Grant isn't. Couldn't ya just trim it in leather? It looks like ya could just trim around buttons & those grips, but IDK. Can it be done?
Old 08-24-2009, 10:10 AM
Notorious BIG

Originally Posted by fastnblu
I like the "pebbled" grips, but the bottom of the wheel w/. that flat racecar look isn't my cup of tea. I also don't like the logo where it's at, I prefer the old style Grant wheel (pre-airbag) w/. logo right in the center not on the bottom. Roll w/. the changes tho. No offense. I do like some things bout your new wheel just not everything. Long as it satisfies your needs.

I do have a Q: You said the factory 1 is leather, while the Grant isn't. Couldn't ya just trim it in leather? It looks like ya could just trim around buttons & those grips, but IDK. Can it be done?
yeah i'm sure it could be done. im not that worried about it though.

i also agree on the logo placement. i would rather not have their logo on it at all truthfully.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Holty
i also agree on the logo placement. i would rather not have their logo on it at all truthfully.
Agreed. That's even better. But if it's gonna be on it, centered is better(again old school thinkin on horn button). But I don't need a logo to know who's setup I'm runnin.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ehh...I guess it'll grow on me. LOL

Go little man!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 11:34 AM
Blown 427 LSX

I just did a tech article for the magazine last friday, on this exact steering wheel for my truck... it looks killer, I love it!!

Good choice Holt...

Old 08-24-2009, 12:10 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks good Holty!!! I like it as well!!! Were you nervous about the air bag at all??
Old 08-24-2009, 12:25 PM
Notorious BIG

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Looks good Holty!!! I like it as well!!! Were you nervous about the air bag at all??
LOL its funny you mention that Julien! YES i was nervous, but i was actually frightened afterwards when i realized we only disconnected the pcm ground from the battery but forgot to disconnect the auxillary ground which means we did the entire job with full power to the air bag!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Grant steering wheel