Sponsored by:

Grille for SS bumper cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 11:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grille for SS bumper cover

Just got an SS bumper cover, and Sir Mike's roll pan in from Stylin'

I currently have a Carriage Works billet grille installed on my truck, and I love it. I know CW makes a grille to go in the SS bumper. I emailed them, and they said they didn't make a part for the Street Scene bumper cover. And I don't believe them. It seems like if the grille will fit a stock Silverado SS bumper cover (i know they are a tad wider) then it will fit in the Street Scene cover as well.

What do you guys think? I don't really want to have to replace the grille already in my truck.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Siiverado44
Just got an SS bumper cover, and Sir Mike's roll pan in from Stylin'

I currently have a Carriage Works billet grille installed on my truck, and I love it. I know CW makes a grille to go in the SS bumper. I emailed them, and they said they didn't make a part for the Street Scene bumper cover. And I don't believe them. It seems like if the grille will fit a stock Silverado SS bumper cover (i know they are a tad wider) then it will fit in the Street Scene cover as well.

What do you guys think? I don't really want to have to replace the grille already in my truck.
I think you can make it work, that thing is gonna look good when you get it installed
Old 02-15-2007, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

if i ts a billet grille the reason it wont fit is becasue of how it mounts i got one of the all day customs ones from ebay (ss bumper cover) and i gotta grille for it and im gona have to take the cover back off drille some wholes then mount with pop rivets.
so you can make it work
Old 02-17-2007, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

So you have to remove the cover to install a grille in it? Seems like you could just reach under there and screw it in. I don't know for sure, I havent seen it fitted yet. The body shop is doing that.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

the grile i got is desinged to go in the factory bumper the one i have just lays over the stock bumper. and we have to take it off to wetsand it when it gets warm so i was gonn put it on then. you could probably put it on now but it wil be easier with it off considering how it has to be mounted and that we have to drill the holes