Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hail Damage

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 02:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hail Damage

This sucks As$, going to work , we just got the truck back together from doing the tranny R&D and I run into golf ball sized hail. Truck is dam near new and looks like someone took a base ball bat to the front of the hood? Not to mention all of the other little dints and dings, I will never know how it did not break the Sun Roof out.
I wonder if Progressive will cut me a check or let me pay extra for an aftermarket hood. The truck is Sandstone Metallic; I think a carbon fiber would look good?? What do you guys think?
Old 05-02-2009, 02:23 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is my personal opinion so don't take it the wrong way. but I can't stand it when people file an insurance claim for Hail Damage. Small little dings are nothing and your making your insurance company dish out thousands just so you can feel better about what you drive. It's no wonder the economy is in the *****. way too much nonsense going on.

That aside I don't know about the carbon fiber hood. is it painted or the carbon fiber look like ricers do?
Old 05-02-2009, 02:32 AM
On The Tree

No man is Not like that. And I agree a few small dings I would have a dent guy fix. This damage has destroyed the hood. Where it makes the bend down to the grill there are MASSIVE dents. It really looks like someone hit it with golf *****. Ya the hood would be the Ricer style. I think it would look great but dang now you said it "ricer" the few hoods I have seen for the NBSS just to me suck. I would like to have a nice clean low profile Cow induction hood.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:37 AM
Where's the Beef?

Pics of hood and truck to help with the decision. Kinda tough to say.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:36 AM
On The Tree

Will do, it just happened tonight and I am still at work. I thought for sure it was going to bust the glass out of the sunroof.I plan on cleaning the truck really good to see how bad it is other than just the hood. I know I have 4 or 5 large dents in the front right finder also. Makes me sick the truck is like new.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:04 AM
TECH Addict

ill call the insurance ina heart beat, thats what i pay their *** way to much money for.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:42 AM
On The Tree

I would call the insurance company too... Thats what they are there for.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:48 AM
On The Tree

Yepers I called them 20min after it happened. And a clam’s guy will be calling me here in a few hrs. I have wayyy too much $$$$$ in that truck to have it dented all to hell. not to mention its not even a year old.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

josh im puttin your truck out in the middle of a drivin range just to see how you like it..
Old 05-02-2009, 07:03 AM
Where's the Beef?

I've had hell dents for years. My driverside window vent thing got busted from hail last year.
If it's as big as he's describing I would understand. but some small dings are nothing. It hails a few times a year, i just don't see the point. Welcome to the U.S.

What's really bad is a lot of people will file a claim like that and never even fix the damage, they just spend it on something else.

I secretly hope I hit a deer on my way home one day so I can fix my broken grille. Not bad enough to mess up the truck. just enough to maybe need a hood and grille.

Quick Reply: Hail Damage