SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hail Damage

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol That's good. Hopefully it won't be down too long. Is a body shop going to do it or are they just gonna cut you a check for a stock replacement hood?
Old 05-02-2009, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give me a few min and I will get some pics of the truck and hood. I just noticed today, above the front glass there is large deep dents right where the seal for the glass meets the body.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:41 PM
formerly 1fstrst (11/25/2010)

I got caught in a huge hail storm in my truck a few years back. It was so bad that they had to cut he whole roof off and replace it, along with a new hood. That's when I got my cowl hood on. Just talk to the body shop. They should have no pro ordering you an aftermarket hood of your choice. They usually run a little cheaper then a stock one anyways. You will still have to pay the deductable and do the leg work of getting the info for the aftermarket hood to the body shop.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Ok no damage pics as of now. I am still working and haven’t had the time. But here is a picture of the truck. I know Carbon fiber sounds ricer but what do you guys think on this truck? I really want a low profile Cow hood but just can’t find any. The Carbon fiber hood is in the shape of the Factory one. The images are copyrighted so I can’t post them up.

be blut here guys Ricer or what you think.
Attached Thumbnails Hail Damage-100_0218.jpg  
Old 05-02-2009, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by viciousknid
However as I stated, If the dents are really bad, then yea go for it.
What I'm pointing out is it's the small ones that don't make a difference since you'll just run into hail again later. A lot of people will get a couple small dings and then file a claim to fix it, just to have another hail storm a few weeks later. It just doesn't make sense. It's like fixing your car between demolition derby's. whats the point?
With what the OP is describing I agree that it's a good idea.

But enough of that. Lets see this hood your wanting.
Insurance is not a one time deal. You have to pay for every month that your car is insured, so why not file a claim on everything that is under your coverage? Isn't that what insurance is for? If I were to hit a deer every month, then I would file a claim every month and have it fixed. Anything my insurance covers would be subject to a claim.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:01 PM
formerly 1fstrst (11/25/2010)

You want a fiber hood.....hmmmmm..... that might be a little harder for the body shop to pull off. The price difference might be too much. Along with the fact that they do what the insurance company says. You need to talk to the adjuster to find out what they are going to do then talk to the body shop and find out what they are willing to do. My best friend owns a body shop he will only go so far with certain customers when it comes to issues like yours. He basically kept my truck hidden from the adjuster when he had my truck when I swapped hoods.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Where's the Beef?

Originally Posted by 02Reaper
Insurance is not a one time deal. You have to pay for every month that your car is insured, so why not file a claim on everything that is under your coverage? Isn't that what insurance is for? If I were to hit a deer every month, then I would file a claim every month and have it fixed. Anything my insurance covers would be subject to a claim.
You must have missed the pictures. a deer isn't the same as a couple tiny dings. Again. tiny dings aren't a big deal, Big dings should be fixed, The op said his dings are big or at least small and abundant (a lot). If you want to file a claim for a couple small dings that's up to you, I just don't see the point. To me, that's the same as scratching the inside of your bed by hauling something and then painting over it, just to scratch it again the next time you put something in there.
In which case, Spray On Bedliner FTW!

Personally, I wouldn't do the Carbon Fiber hood. If you can find one post it up and I or someone will photoshop it for you.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Teching In

This is my personal opinion so don't take it the wrong way. but I can't stand it when people file an insurance claim for Hail Damage. Small little dings are nothing and your making your insurance company dish out thousands just so you can feel better about what you drive. It's no wonder the economy is in the *****. way too much nonsense going on.

That aside I don't know about the carbon fiber hood. is it painted or the carbon fiber look like ricers do?
Thats the stupidist thing i've ever heard, you dish out thousands of dollars for full coverage insurance you are most the time required to have on a new vehicle, to not even use it when damage actually happens. Thats why you have full coverage insy, and they are still making money. The economy is not bad because of stuff like that, it's because company's have loaned people money they knew could not pay for it in the first place. as soon as their variable mortgages increased they are screwed. Thats now the whole reason but that has alot to do with it, not people filing insurance claims that are well deserved. Sorry for the rant.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1fstrst
You want a fiber hood.....hmmmmm..... that might be a little harder for the body shop to pull off. The price difference might be too much. Along with the fact that they do what the insurance company says. You need to talk to the adjuster to find out what they are going to do then talk to the body shop and find out what they are willing to do. My best friend owns a body shop he will only go so far with certain customers when it comes to issues like yours. He basically kept my truck hidden from the adjuster when he had my truck when I swapped hoods.
No they are just going to cut me a check and let me take the truck to whomever I want. If that check does not cover the damages then they will work out the rest with the shop. I work with a few guys who are really good at body work so I am hoping I can get it all fixed with no out of pocket.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

You must have missed the pictures. a deer isn't the same as a couple tiny dings. Again. tiny dings aren't a big deal, Big dings should be fixed, The op said his dings are big or at least small and abundant (a lot). If you want to file a claim for a couple small dings that's up to you, I just don't see the point. To me, that's the same as scratching the inside of your bed by hauling something and then painting over it, just to scratch it again the next time you put something in there.
In which case, Spray On Bedliner FTW!

Personally, I wouldn't do the Carbon Fiber hood. If you can find one post it up and I or someone will photoshop it for you.

yea you might be right, it may look really out of place. I guess i could get one of the ram air hoods, just really are not that appealing two me. I will see if i can find a picture of the carbon hood.

Quick Reply: Hail Damage