Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how can i go lower.... i am 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 09:29 AM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LaBlackPearl
thats why 2wd's were invented bro.. dropped or stock height, a 4x4 is still going to be heavier than a 2wd at same stance, therefore going to be slower no matter what.. since they're going to be slower no matter what comparing it to a 2wd with same mods, **** might as well keep it stock height or higher, wat 4x4's were meant for.
Not sure if this is the case. As soon as you put a larger converter and make more power than stock, traction usually becomes an issue in a 2wd. Unless you want to drive on slicks or drag radials all the time, a 4wd drive truck will launch much harder, especially on the street.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a DJM LCA user, I will tell you this, avoid them like nothing you have ever avoided before. Yes they are nice, yes, they are well made. They ride like absolute CRAP, the ball joints don't seem to hold up very well, the steering geometry is goign to be all screwed up big time. The steering actually pops now on sharp turns, has nearly cause my wife to run into other vehicles in parking lots because it hangs when it pops. I have called them many times about the problems and they just say there is nothing wrong with their stuff. The tie rods come up at a very steep angle to the spindle now. Also, they seem to pull the front wheel IN and looks strange, the front is far more narrow then the rear axle.

I will be pulling mine off very soon, and stick MCgarehy, whoever they spell there name, spindles and some drop keys to redo the front of my truck. I actually want 4 inches in the front rather then just 3 inches. I want to go back to running my stock shocks with this setup too. I am then going to replace my rear DJM shocks with some the the MCG's guys as well. I will see how that does, might pull the coils and put airbags in after that.

I have gone through 3 sets of rear shocks and they cannot seem to get it right, first to long, second to short, and these just ride like crap.

My yukon has the same front suspension as your 4x4 truck.

OH, by the way, 4x4 rocks on pavement. Around here they will race short distances, like light pole to light pole in low range. It's wild to see something that big jump like that. Also wild to see them blow stuff apart doign that as well.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:08 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had my 4x4 lifted, now it's lowered and I will never go back. As many have said, there is nothing quite like leaving the line on a 4wd launch. All the traction you need to get off the line is just a button push away
Old 08-27-2008, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interesting. i've never heard anyone complain about the DJM torsion bar LCAs. i should know first hand in a week or two how they work.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by KevinF56
interesting. i've never heard anyone complain about the DJM torsion bar LCAs. i should know first hand in a week or two how they work.

It is a nice setup, pretty simpe to install, but that is as fas as it goes. Make sure to use the torque spec on the bolts. It makes a difference, if they are too tight, you might as well have no front supension. I wouldn't mind a little stiffer ride, but this is beyond excessive. My stock height tires, rub the inner fender wells on bumps. I have just had enough of it.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Self proclaimed VILLAGE IDIOT

Originally Posted by thunder550
I had my 4x4 lifted, now it's lowered and I will never go back. As many have said, there is nothing quite like leaving the line on a 4wd launch. All the traction you need to get off the line is just a button push away
Especially in the rain.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by thunder550
not only that but its also nice to be different...I know a lot of guys here have done it and I did it right after your thread you posted but where Im from we have a ton of 4x4 contrete cowboys that make fun of me...I just laugh we they start talking about there 8-12 MPGs and how much their super swampers cost and tell them thats why I went down
Old 08-27-2008, 03:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JakeBrakeIH
tell them thats why I went down

Something about that phrase just doesnt sound right, especailly coming from a guy. I am normally not the one to make those comments, but it cut off at the top of the screen and thats all I saw.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cttandy
Something about that phrase just doesnt sound right, especailly coming from a guy. I am normally not the one to make those comments, but it cut off at the top of the screen and thats all I saw.
r u serious?
Old 08-28-2008, 12:23 AM
Staging Lane

i was looking at some of the droped 4x4s on here and they look lower than mine.
i took out the stock 4x4 block and put 2inch drop shackle's in now the back sits lower than the front. I cranked the torshonbars down as far as they can go but its not enugh is there a trick to this or a step im missing?. am i suposed to take out the torsion bar and turn it one way or the other or what.

Quick Reply: how can i go lower.... i am 4x4