SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to connect Denali light and HID kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 09:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to connect Denali light and HID kit?

Had a quick look today at my new Xenondepot.com HID kit and had a quick question for those that have added this or similar upgrades. Coming off of the relay harness is a connector to tie into the light system--Where did you find the plug to tap in? It was dark and cold when I had a look so I put it aside for the day. Anybody point me in the correct direction? FYI...this kit is very nicely put together. I ordered the 4300K 9005 replacement setup. Looks to be indeed plug and play other than finding a couple places to mount ballasts and the relay. Any help much appreciated.
Dave
Old 12-30-2004, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by YukonCornelius
Had a quick look today at my new Xenondepot.com HID kit and had a quick question for those that have added this or similar upgrades. Coming off of the relay harness is a connector to tie into the light system--Where did you find the plug to tap in? It was dark and cold when I had a look so I put it aside for the day. Anybody point me in the correct direction? FYI...this kit is very nicely put together. I ordered the 4300K 9005 replacement setup. Looks to be indeed plug and play other than finding a couple places to mount ballasts and the relay. Any help much appreciated.
Dave

Congrats on the hid purchase, I just put them on about 2 weeks ago. The same exact kit, you will like them.

I'm not sure I understand your question exactly but I will give it a shot...

If you are talking about the single connector (I think it was blue) It just plugs into ONE of the stock headlamp harnesses (where you connect the bulb too)

Both Headlamps will still work when your done though.

Where are you mounting the ballasts at??? I had some trouble finding a good spot.

Do a search under my name and you will see my thread from a few days ago with pics of the lights.

Let me know if you have more questions

Old 12-30-2004, 11:33 PM
Teching In

Do a write up or something.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:07 PM
Teching In

So I went ahead and did the installation yesterday. It was pretty easy to the point that I did it 4 days after having shoulder surgery and really could only move one arm! A quick write up on the install as requested:
Basically remove the headlights and unplug the bulbs. replace the 9005 bulbs in the projector housings with the new HID bulbs. Lay out the harness which I ran behind the grill to pass side and put the first ballast where the K&N FIPK replaced the stock airbox. Replace all passenger side lights and reconnect. Drivers side was a bit tighter, but I placed the ballast on the shroud of the fan. I will keep my eye on it and consider moving it if it starts to loosen. Connected into the light system with the connector on the drivers side( THANKS Slow01--just a brainfart or anesthesia had not fully worn off!) Mounted the relay and took power from the battery directly by putting a larger ring terminal on the fusible link. Grounded to the angle support above the battery and a body ground at the bottom of the airbox location. Turned them on and wow! What a difference.
I did notice immediately that one of the bulbs was much more yellow in color than the other so I will contact xennondepot about that. Had to do a little aiming and just can't believe the difference.
I upgraded to Denali lights over 3 years ago and remember how much better the projector beams were, but this was even better. I don't do a great deal of long distance night driving beyond the occasional family trip, but on the daily commute home this is gonna be great. I realize that this is not DOT approved so don't flame me, but I took the time to properly aim them and put the vehicle next to my neighbors Escalade and Denali and none of the vehicles blinded me. It is a great deal brighter than the Denali, but looks almost exactly like the output from the factory xenons in the Escalade. Total time to install was about 1 hour and I did it virtually one armed. If you have any questions just drop me a note.

Dave
Old 01-01-2005, 09:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Very good write-up! I'll be installing a set of 4300k in my high and low beams next week. They would have been in already but I gave up a set to a local customer last week. These lights really display the road in front of you. I find myself checking to see if the headlights are on when driving a vehicle that doesn't have HIDs.

ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE (1-508-636-0770 in MA)
E-MAIL - tbyrne@tbyrne.com

NEW WEEKLY SPECIALS CAN BE SEEN ON - OUR WEBSITE
Old 01-06-2005, 01:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tbyrne
These lights really display the road in front of you. I find myself checking to see if the headlights are on when driving a vehicle that doesn't have HIDs.
Word to that!!!