SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got my 03 Silverado lowered by AAP(Board Sponsor)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 11:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I got my 03 Silverado lowered by AAP(Board Sponsor)

so how about some performance now?

marc
Old 03-25-2003, 12:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Nice wheels, I have the ones. Got mine from wheelstop, first place i saw the chrome versions.

I am planning on a djm drop too. Does yours rub or bottom out bad? What shocks did you run?

Best lookin 03 i have seen yet
Old 03-26-2003, 11:28 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the kind words!

The wheels are 20X8.5

The DJM lowering kit install we be shown in Truckin and street trucks as a Tech article in the next couple months.

Mark at AAP did a realy good job on the install I couldn't be happier.

The truck now has Electric Fans,PTB,Coolant Bypass and 4inch Home Depot intake.

I ran a 14.806 at 93.4 mph this past weekend,I had more than one mustang GT owner scratching there head after I pulled a couple trucks on them.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:12 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much just for labor?

Where on the West Coast is this place?
I'm in So Cal, more specifically the san fernando valley...I'd like to check this place out
Looking at the area code (626) I'd say East of downtown (L.A.)? Whitter/Downey area? Address?

<small>[ March 27, 2003, 03:18 AM: Message edited by: Chingon ]</small>
Old 03-27-2003, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Chingon:
<strong> How much just for labor?

Where on the West Coast is this place?
I'm in So Cal, more specifically the san fernando valley...I'd like to check this place out
Looking at the area code (626) I'd say East of downtown (L.A.)? Whitter/Downey area? Address? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They are located off of the 10 freeway and Myrtle, in Monrovia. Only about 5 minutes from Irwindale Speedway if you know where that is.

Kent
Old 04-03-2003, 11:50 PM
13 Second Truck Club

How much was it for parts? Labor? I'm looking for a place that will do a 2/4 hotchkis drop and sway bars, just wanna get an idea on what prices they can get me for the drop parts and labor
Old 04-06-2003, 02:46 PM
Teching In

I am not completeley sure on the price of the Hotchkis kit but when I was considering that drop we were able to get it for a little cheaper than they have posted on there site.

The Labor thru AAP will be just about unbeatable!

Call him tommorow and chat with him about install prices and talk to him about the DJM and Hotchkis kits.

626-447-3707

It would be hard for me to quote you a price as I got a hook up for a up coming magazine article.(Once in a life time deal)

Why are you going Hotchkis?

I went with the DJM because of the better price and it lowers the truck about 1/2- 3/4 of a inch more.

I will do the Hotchkis sway bars in the future(I think they are around $525.00 alone)
Old 04-07-2003, 02:14 AM
13 Second Truck Club

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Qwik SS:
<strong> I am not completeley sure on the price of the Hotchkis kit but when I was considering that drop we were able to get it for a little cheaper than they have posted on there site.

The Labor thru AAP will be just about unbeatable!

Call him tommorow and chat with him about install prices and talk to him about the DJM and Hotchkis kits.

626-447-3707

It would be hard for me to quote you a price as I got a hook up for a up coming magazine article.(Once in a life time deal)

Why are you going Hotchkis?

I went with the DJM because of the better price and it lowers the truck about 1/2- 3/4 of a inch more.

I will do the Hotchkis sway bars in the future(I think they are around $525.00 alone) </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks, I'll give em a call. The guys at thelapd.com said they'd match the best prices I found on the net, about $440 for the 2/4 kit (the coil springs and leaf springs). I live in the San Fernando Valley and have found install prices from $100 to $200. I've read good things about AAP and I'm thinking about going to either them or Sleeper Suspensions, they did an article in this months(May '03) Street Trucks magazine. Whoever can get me a better deal basically.
I chose to go with Hotchkis b/c I hear the DJM is more of a stock(bouncy) ride. I want a more sporty feel. I don't care about how low it is, I want performance, the Hotchkis cost more I would believe b/c its better quality(sport) suspension.