SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think Centerline sent me the wrong centercaps

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You probably need to squeeze the tabs in to get it to fall out.Just be careful. I snapped a couple off mine when I was fooling with them. One or two can break off and they will still stay on but Centerline may not take them back if you break it.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im gonna wait to talk to Centerline and let em know what the deal is. My other wheels should show up tomorrow.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:59 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, I just went out to the shed and measured mine and that's what they are. However, the front hole where the cap goes in is smaller. I think my cap has a rubber O-ring on it and it just snaps in. I've never had the center caps off of the rims since I've owned them. See how much smaller the hole is on the front part of the rim....like it doesn't go all the way thru, just far enuff for the hub to ride on. I also got a picture of the Stingrays that I sold....which wound up having one of the wrong wheels in the right box. I didn't know it until the guy that bought them PM'd me. The problem was fixed by the end of the week. Hope the pics help.

Old 03-04-2007, 07:12 PM

Thanks alot man, Im going to call them tomorrow and see what they have to say.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Cool deal. Those wheels are going to look great on your truck btw.

Old 03-04-2007, 07:17 PM

I have been really fighting myself lately I dont know what to do. Im an offroad mud tire kind of guy at heart but I want to drop my truck for the speed thing. I just dont think I can handle all the PITA DD stuff that comes along with low profile tires and a lowered truck. Not that I DD the truck at all but its going to be driven alot more once its up and running I pay too much money for a garage ornament. Im thinkin of throwing some 33s on it and calling it good. Im ordering the tires next week so I have to make up my mind fast
Old 03-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I have been really fighting myself lately I dont know what to do. Im an offroad mud tire kind of guy at heart but I want to drop my truck for the speed thing. I just dont think I can handle all the PITA DD stuff that comes along with low profile tires and a lowered truck. Not that I DD the truck at all but its going to be driven alot more once its up and running I pay too much money for a garage ornament. Im thinkin of throwing some 33s on it and calling it good. Im ordering the tires next week so I have to make up my mind fast
What size wheels are they? If their 20's, a 285/50 isn't really a low profile tire, and they do ride pretty good. I know what ya mean about the daily driver thing tho, and agree that I enjoy my truck too much to not drive it everyday. It's easy to get sucked into this deal with a full head of steam, but sooner or later reality sits in for most of us. Will 33's fit on your truck without a lift? I still really like the street tires more, as I'm not much of a 4x4 guy anymore. As much as I like the look of lowered trucks, that's not for me either. I love the way KYSilverado's truck looks, and Trever1t's also. If I had a 4x4 I'd go for either one of those looks. I like KYSilverado's the way it looks in his sig, and also the way it used to look before he lowered it.

http://users.adelphia.net/~rhundley/HPIM3881.JPG
Old 03-04-2007, 07:30 PM

Ill put Ford keys in the front and trim the lower valance a little bit and they will fit fine. They are 20x8.5s with 5.5" backspacing so they should fit. Im lookin at some 33x12.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers. I will be taking this truck to the deer lease to haul the 4wheeler and deer corn etc, it will just be much more user friendly with some mud tires on it. To be honest Im starting to lose interest in the truck since its been down so long. After I sell my bike Im buying a 00-02 T/A or SS and dropping the 418 in it. Ill probably put the LS1 in the truck with the extra 6.0 heads I go tin the garage and try and find a cheap radix to throw on there and go on down the road and have a decently fast truck and be able to use it as a truck and tow vehicle. I have alot of **** going through my head right now as far as what I want to do with the truck. Im ready to finish this project.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Dewey's truck runs and he uses the **** out of it. ****, he drives it thru a stream everyday. He's basically got a stockish 6.0 with a valvetrain and bolt ons...and the Radix. I hear what your saying for sure.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

My buddy just bought some archers for his rcsb too and they have those same centercaps.

Quick Reply: I think Centerline sent me the wrong centercaps