Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intro wheels in chrome...???

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 11:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intro wheels in chrome...???

I am looking into buying a set of used intros w/ tires. I have first dibs and i am fully planning to buy them but i had a few questions im hoping you guys could answer for me.... He said they are 20" intros in chrome. I didnt think the intros came in chrome, I thought intros were only made in billet..? Am i wrong? They look identical to the boyd coddington timeless 6's but they have an intro center cap. Can you get the boyds in chrome finish? I like the wheels either way but i want to find out for sure what im buying before i send the money. I asked him about it and he said as far as he knows they are intros but that he would check the back of the rims and see if it said anything different. Im not at all saying i dont believe what he says because it could very well be exactly what he says but i just wanted to know if anyone has ever seen a set of intros that look identical to timeless 6's before or if anyone knows if intros are made in chrome. Let me know guys. thanks!! Taylor
Old 05-10-2005, 12:38 AM
Launching!

I am not aware of any wheel that Intro makes that looks anything like a timeless 6??
Also I dont think(could be wrong) either wheel company make anything in Chrome. As far as I know they come in a high gloss polished aluminum. I hope this helps and I hope someone else chimes in to clear it up a bit better.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:57 AM
TECH Veteran

ok cool. thats what i thought too. Seems a little weird to me. I also thought about the possibility of someone buying the rims and taking them to get them chrome dipped but then why the hell would you spend the high dollar on a nice set of billet rims to cover them up with chrome??? oh well, anyone else that has an opinion let me know what you think. thanks guys!
Old 05-10-2005, 01:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Did more looking around and decided they dont look as much like the timeless 6's as i thought they did. The spokes on the rims dont look as flat as the ones on the timeless 6's. They actually look 100% indentical to the eagle alloy 219's in chrome.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:49 AM
Launching!

Maybe if it is an Intro wheel it might be the Pentia 6?? If I remember right what the eagle 219 looks like I beleive the Pentia looks like that. But the chrome thing still seems weird. Maybe they were chrome plated??

Before you buy just be sure to ask as many questions about them as you can and do a little research first. If ya really like the wheels though who cares what brand or what type of finish or what this guy is saying they are. If you like them then buy em.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

I used to own a set of Boyd timeless 6's which were not offered in chrome but the store I ordered from said they could get them dipped for me. The reason for that is having a light wheel with the advantage of easy cleaning. Needless to say, a couple months later the chrome started to flake off. Then I found out that chrome will not hold to billet. The eagle 219 looks A LOT like the boyd timeless 6's and is also available in billet only. The Intro pentia is a nice looking wheel but does not look like the eagles or boyds. Intro's don't chrome either. If it's a chrome plated billet wheel it will give you trouble.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:52 AM
TECH Veteran

ok, thanks for the help so far guys. The wheels dont really look like the pentia 6's either. I really do like the rims but im going through the trouble of dropping prices on a bunch of stuff im selling just to get the money for them. Maybe i should just let this deal pass. I mean, i love the look of the rims but i dont want to buy anything that i dont know exactly what it is or could give me problems down the road.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:36 PM
TECH Veteran

ok, i just talked to the guy that selling them again and he gave me more info on these wheels. He said that on 2 rims, the valve stems are on the inside of the rims and on the other 2, they are on the outside of the lip which is the normal spot on almost all rims. He only got to take one off but he said there was a spot on the back that had been grinded down. It still had all the backspacing info and everything though. He said he is going to take the rest of them off and see what they say. He said he bought them with the truck off a guy that said they were intros so i know this isnt his doing. I still like the rims but im curious about the story behind tham after finding all this out. lol
Old 05-10-2005, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Intro does the valve stems on the inside, so that is a good sign.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:24 PM
FormerVendor

This is a wheel that intro came out with for a short period of time, they were called Time Limits or something like that. They are not billet, they are cast wheels.

Quick Reply: Intro wheels in chrome...???