Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introducing Bessie aka Big Nasty

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 10:03 PM
ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introducing Bessie aka Big Nasty

Introducing the new daily driver, Bessie aka Big Nasty. 2008 Ford F150 XLT SuperCrew 2WD with the 5.4L 3V Triton V8 and gray cloth interior. I just threw in the 2.5" Skyjacker leveling kit Sunday and put on the black teflon coated 18x9" ATX Thugs with 275/65 Firestone Destination AT on/off-road tires this morning so I had to go snap some shots.

I was always able to really flatter all my other cars in pictures, but these shots don't really do Bessie justice. The lighting was pretty much horrible though, she was filthy as could be, and I was shivering from freezing my tail off, so much I'm surprised the pictures weren't a blurry mess. Hope to get some better pictures when I get a few more finishing touches taken care of.

Initial impressions are that it's a lot of fun to drive just because it's so big. The 5.4L 3V has enough grunt to get it out of it's own way which is nice. Its getting 17mpg which is what my GTO that I traded was getting, but I can put 87 octane in instead of 93, so it's cheaper on gas (it's also $200/month cheaper on the note and $100/6 months cheaper on insurance too).

I still have quite a few finishing touches to take care of for right now including the black "Ford" overlays I have for the front and rear badges, and a few bigger things planned for when extra funds allow (Harley Davidson black housing headlights, Recon black tails and third brake light, black front and rear bumpers, spray-in bedliner, tonneau cover, and maybe some RBP step rails among other things), but right now I'm just enjoying driving something comfy and roomy.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:10 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

You have a badass camera man
Old 01-13-2009, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
You have a badass camera man
+1 on that!...looks like pics from a magazine...i need to get a better camera

lookin good tho
Old 01-13-2009, 10:36 PM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GTO FTW, the ford is pretty is nice, sweet camera
Old 01-13-2009, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

I was just checking you site, you have some great work! What are you shooting with right now? Did you put the site together, it was very well laid out and nicely done.
just curious im looking to do the same thing, i have done weddings and portraits, but i really like to take pictures of cars.
again nice work!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think your new truck will look awesome when you finish the head/tail lights. It will really flow after that. Incredible pictures!
Old 01-14-2009, 06:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

well i was going to say nice truck and you take good picture but i see your an ALABAMA fan... you know auburn is better, lol but nice truck though for real you do take good pictures also for a bama fan
Old 01-14-2009, 09:29 AM
no title here

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

roll tide
Old 01-14-2009, 10:03 PM
ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quick chop job...

I thought it would be too much black and not enough contrast. After seeing them blacked out though I think the stock lights stick out like sore thumbs...so I'm going black on the tail lights and third brake light too (working on the deal now). This may be enough black that the bumpers can wait a while...although I think black bumpers will really tie it all together down the road.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:04 PM
ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Originally Posted by 95 bright teal
I was just checking you site, you have some great work! What are you shooting with right now? Did you put the site together, it was very well laid out and nicely done.
just curious im looking to do the same thing, i have done weddings and portraits, but i really like to take pictures of cars.
again nice work!
I shoot with a Nikon D300 and a few different lenses for right now. A close friend of mine in graphic design and I collaborated on the sight and she put it together.

Quick Reply: Introducing Bessie aka Big Nasty