Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Its a 'performance truck' in a different sense

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 05:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Its a 'performance truck' in a different sense

Sorry if I've been a little absent this week everyone... been in Colorado working with the team on some new products and the labor day sale. Adam, Mario and myself did take the time to tackle this detail, which was fun... its rare all 3 of us get to jump on the same car and combine our skills.

The subject is a 2008 Porsche Cayenne GTS... owned by a friend of the business's wife and used to haul around two young kids, so you can imagine what kind of shape the interior was in. The exterior was a swirled and dirty mess, but we were only aiming for about an 85-90% correction as we knew it would only end up trashed again soon.

The wheels were especially bad, not much washing on the part of the owner, and notoriously dusty imported luxury SUV brakes, led to a lot of caked on brake dust.

So the first order of business was to knock out the interior, I started by removing the weathertech floormats, scrubbing with APC, and leaving out to dry while Mario took on the task of using the Vac N' Blow to get all the dirt and debris off the seats and carpet. Its also great for getting very dusty vents clean with the brush attachment.

I then moved to the leather and worked with our Leather & Interior Cleaner and Interior Brush to get all the "kid gunk" off of the rear seats.

A glass towel and glass cleaner made short work of the haze on the instruments, nav screen, and other assorted clear plastic interior pieces.

Even before applying conditioner the interior was a HUGE improvement.

I took on the Alcantara seats using a light mist of our Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner onto a Waterless Wash Towel, then brushed it back up with a dry interior brush to give it a nice even appearance.

The interior trim plates were in desperate need of some love. I was a little skeptical that it would come up without using the 4" pads... But, I was wrong. All it took was a little Adam's Metal polish applied with a microfiber applicator.

More coming
Old 09-07-2010, 05:00 PM
FormerVendor

Next was onto protection. The entire interior was wiped down with Leather Conditioner. We had some great results on the black interior of this GTS!

50/50 shot:

All plastic, hard to reach, trim pieces were spray with In and Out Spray.

The black trim pieces had some light scratches from general use, and we treated with some new Brilliant Glaze with and Americana Applicator.

Finalizing the interior Dylan sprayed the weathertech mats with In and Out and lighted wiped them down. Using VRT on these type of mats can get
a little to slippery.

Before the exterior was tackled I hosed down the engine bay of this 400HP rocket.

Then on to a pre-soaking with APC and scrubbed with wheel brush.

Wheel were next on the agenda. Wheel wells and tires we soaked with APC. Wheels and calipers were soaked with Green Wheel Cleaner.

Using the Powerstick, so incredible for getting the inner barrel of the wheels.

Adam joined us for the filming of our new Foam Gun video.

A nice soapy washing.

Car was then dried, and we moved onto claying the entire exterior including the windows.

More coming.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:01 PM
FormerVendor

Paint correction time! We taped off some sections of the quarter panel to test the best process for the correction. We finalized on using the Flex polisher we have been testing with an orange pad with Swirl and Haze, finished with a white pad with Fine Machine Polish

All the exterior trim was treated either Super VRT or In and Out spray

Then a coat of the new Brilliant Glaze was applied to the paint and windows.

At this time it was getting late and all three of us were quite hungry, so we decided to head off to dinner. Adam's wife Mellisa wanted to give the GTS a quick run around the block, as we might be seeing one of these SUV's in Adam and Mellisa's near future...

The next day we pulled the Cayenne into the shop for finishing. All that was left was the exhaust tips were in desperate need of some metal polish, a coat of Americana, Engine dressing with VRT and In and Out, and some final touch ups.

Fine grade steel wool was needed on the exhaust to cut some the really caked on emissions.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:02 PM
FormerVendor

And FINALLY the results!

The Crew

Old 09-07-2010, 06:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nice work Dylan! Those plastic pieces in the grille turned out much better. Haven't seen you put out a bad job yet
Old 09-07-2010, 07:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Great job. Looks great now!! Looked like they had a mosh pit in there with all the footprints all over the place!!! lol
(By the way, any bmx/freestyle bikes hanging up in that shop in the last couple of pics??)
Old 09-07-2010, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Work is amazing! I wish I was local to you guys, my black paint needs some love!!
Old 09-07-2010, 07:49 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The car looked impressive for sure!! But umm....that is one hot MILF!!
Old 09-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Launching!

Looks amazing!
Old 09-07-2010, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

When I saw who put this post up, i knew it would be quality. Nice work as always.

Quick Reply: Its a 'performance truck' in a different sense