SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Junkman's "How to Restore Your Paint's Finish" - The Videos!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Junkman
how often do i need to add a good product to keep the protection and shine on my cars.
im no detail man by no means,but i am scared to wash my cars anymore,let alone wax them.
Ed
Old 04-21-2009, 08:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mred
Junkman
how often do i need to add a good product to keep the protection and shine on my cars.
im no detail man by no means,but i am scared to wash my cars anymore,let alone wax them.
Ed
There is no way I can answer that without knowing 3 important things. Is the car garage kept, what climate do you live in and what elements do you expose the car to? A car that is garage kept and covered, that only sees sunny days during 70 degree weather in southern California is not going to need a fraction of the treatment that a daily driver in New York is going to need. Using that model, you can see that a lot of variables must be considered when answering that question.

Have you watched the 10 videos in my initial post? Paint care is not that hard or dangerous when using the correct technique utilizing proper tools. It takes some practice but I have given you a model to start with. You should not be afraid!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

currently watching,lol.
i will get back with you.
on #8 now.
WOW!!!!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i think i will try on some other peoples cars that wont mind. for test pieces.
LOL
Old 04-21-2009, 09:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

i think i will try on some other peoples cars that wont mind. For test pieces.
Lol
Good idea!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

are you pushing Adams product,or can i use others as well?
sorry if "pushing" is a horrible choice of words but you get my point.
thanks
Ed
Old 04-21-2009, 09:24 PM
Notorious BIG

great post! i will have the pleasure of meeting Adam this weekend and see first hand his products in action. should be fun!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

are you pushing Adams product,or can i use others as well?
sorry if "pushing" is a horrible choice of words but you get my point.
thanks
Ed
I have successfully used and created videos showing my success with Zaino and Meguiar's products. I tried Adam's Polishes and was very pleased with the results. The main thing that I liked about Adam's is they had everything under one roof where as before, I was getting different products from different places in order to achieve the same results that I get by using only the Adam's stuff. I love to pass on my results and knowledge because of all the times I got ripped off by people who supposedly were professionals in their given industry. Someone shared their results with me and I was very grateful for that. Thus, I'm using the Internet to give back to others. That was originally why the Internet was created.

If you think my videos are something, you should see my Corvette repair write-ups!
Old 04-21-2009, 11:41 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some excellent info here! I watched the second video on the Porter Cable 7424, as I have one, brand new in box, that I haven't used yet...and don't know how to use. I planned on learning on my wife's white car that is 6 years old and has never seen a coat of wax. Then on to my mom's 10 year old forest green car that has also been neglected, then maybe I'd be confident enough to tackle my own black truck, which has been well maintained, but not by myself until the last time around (I used to get it professionally detailed back when I had money lol)

Junkman2008, I have a question for you...there's a problem. On the box, it says 6" random orbit polisher...it came with a 6" pad (which I will discard as per your instructions), yet the counter-weight says use with 5" pad only I checked the contents of the box and there's no 6" counter-weight in there? I don't get it? Do I have to buy a 6" counter weight now, and why would the box say 6", the pad be a 6", and the counter weight be for a 5"? Maybe something was boxed incorrectly? Thanks in advance for your help
Old 04-22-2009, 01:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

All you have to do is buy the 5" backing plate from Adam's and use Adam's 7" pads. Adam's pads are made to fit the 5" plate which is what your PC is setup to work with. Problem solved.

If you choose to use the 6" plate that came with your PC, you must buy the 6" counter weight.

Quick Reply: Junkman's "How to Restore Your Paint's Finish" - The Videos!