SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Junkman's "How to Restore Your Paint's Finish" - The Videos!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 05:26 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you very much sir
Old 04-22-2009, 05:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Thank you very much sir
My pleasure!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Junkman2008
I have successfully used and created videos showing my success with Zaino and Meguiar's products. I tried Adam's Polishes and was very pleased with the results. The main thing that I liked about Adam's is they had everything under one roof where as before, I was getting different products from different places in order to achieve the same results that I get by using only the Adam's stuff. I love to pass on my results and knowledge because of all the times I got ripped off by people who supposedly were professionals in their given industry. Someone shared their results with me and I was very grateful for that. Thus, I'm using the Internet to give back to others. That was originally why the Internet was created.

If you think my videos are something, you should see my Corvette repair write-ups!
ok thanks,then what is "DETAIL SPRAY"?
i was stumped when you where using the clay bar and the detail spray.
what does it consist of,is it a wax,is it a polisher mix?
thanks
MrEd
Old 04-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Launching!

the detail spray is basically the car wash in a bottle stuff. you use it in conjuction with the clay bar to act as a lubricant between the clay bar and the paint. also you can use the detail spray on a wet car just prior to drying it off, also if your at a show are cruise you can use it to do a quick wipe to your car.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lawson4450
the detail spray is basically the car wash in a bottle stuff. you use it in conjuction with the clay bar to act as a lubricant between the clay bar and the paint. also you can use the detail spray on a wet car just prior to drying it off, also if your at a show are cruise you can use it to do a quick wipe to your car.
I would recommend a spray wax, john deere spray wax is the best i've ever found honestly, blows the competition out of the water! I've used many of them and none can compare.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Launching!

its not a wax its there to help with the process the steps are just like junkman says a good wash then clay then the cleaner maybe a polish if you need it and then wax. once thats done just maintenance is needed on it to keep the shine. I usually do this twice a year on my truck and just maintain it in between now i also made it very basic just follow junkman and you will be fine.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was just saying before a car show as you referenced using a spray wax, not aq detail spray
Old 04-22-2009, 09:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sonoma43
I would recommend a spray wax, john deere spray wax is the best i've ever found honestly, blows the competition out of the water! I've used many of them and none can compare.
Adam's Brilliant Spray glaze is the equivalent of what you are using. I know nothing about the product that you speak of, however, I'd love to see a video of it in action along with some before and after stills. I have found that it is hard to judge one man's excellent without looking at exactly what he is calling "excellent".

I have also found that to be the same with what some men consider a "hot" woman...
Old 04-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Launching!

oh yeah brilliant spray glaze havent used it yet but will soon i hope
Old 04-23-2009, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lawson4450
you know, i do not spend my days trying to figure out how to detail a car. you could say i am the type of person who would just, jump in and do it. then probably spend more money trying to fix what i screwed up,or just paying someone to paint the damn car and really getting screwed.
what the hell you guys are speaking?
"car wash in a bottle" "detail spray" etc. etc. etc.
i am asking for some help here. see it would be hard for me to buy into "Adams Detailing Kit" or any "Detailing Kit" for that matter especially when i have no clue as what the hell im getting into or what you guys are speaking, "CAR WASH IN A BOTTLE" "DETAIL SPRAY".
to me detail spray is like a "quick wax" not "car wash in a bottle" sounds like,"soap and water in a bottle".
Junkman i will have to say "wonderful job" offering the help on how to detail our cars/trucks. thanks alot
but it seems i have hit a nerve when i asked you if you was pushing the "ADAMS" product.
"SORRY"
i do not have years of experience detailing cars,just building elevators.
thanks
MrEd
P.S
this is not a attitude,cry,or a attack.
just a simple question..to anyone

Quick Reply: Junkman's "How to Restore Your Paint's Finish" - The Videos!