SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got a tint ticket

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 08:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah jsut had to remove mine it was only a fix it ticket though here in cali its only $10 bucks if you remove it any film on the front windows is illegal here even if its 95% as long as there factory tinted glass and not film your ok
Old 05-24-2007, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beastmode
wow... in pa you can NOT have tint of any kind on the two front side windows... on my blue rcsb ive had 20% for like 3 yrs

Re-check your laws. I've had all my vehicles tinted all the way around and it is by the PA book. No issues,...ever.

The windshield is off limits though.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:19 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah getting tint tickets suck. I got busted but I retinted my truck a month later.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:58 PM
On The Tree

Man that sucks i had 2 1/2% on my old rcsb that i bought from wal-mart and never had any problems with cops pullin me over for it here
Old 05-24-2007, 06:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SeegsRST
Man that sucks i had 2 1/2% on my old rcsb that i bought from wal-mart and never had any problems with cops pullin me over for it here
Thats because they can tell you bought it there and they felt bad for you already. jfwy
Old 05-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Registered abuser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what really chaps my *** about this issue, is down here in fl, the ******* that gives you a tint ticket is going to have limo on the rear windows, and 25% on the WINDSHIELD and front windows. all of the local city cops and county cops do. Just another way them to assert their dominance over the normal people. speeding all over whenever they want, free stuff, tint, weapons, etc etc.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:01 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RandomHero
I SERIOUSLY doubt any smart shop is just going to give you that sticker. If they get caught the fine is thousands of dollars.
Not gonna argue on that one. Was just a suggestion if he can find one somehow. and that would only work if its Close to legal, if it's obviously too dark you can forget about it.

When I had the windows tinted on my escape I told the shop to go as dark as legally possible because I didn't want problems. Then when I got it home I realized it wasn't even close to being as dark as the tint on my Blazer.
I'm not even sure the cops in Oklahoma ever bother to check the tint.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

5 on the back, 30 on the sides, and 50 on the shield.
got busted once for it, but knowing cops is nice!
Old 05-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Launching!

im in canada and we arent allowed any tint on sides, as dark as you want on the back. I run 5% all around (nothing on windshield) and ive only been busted once, just so happened to be driving through a roadblock and couldn't get my windows down fast enough. Luckily i didnt have to remove it I just paid my $130 fine
Old 05-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Import Moderator

Originally Posted by krambo
Re-check your laws. I've had all my vehicles tinted all the way around and it is by the PA book. No issues,...ever.

The windshield is off limits though.
that dont mean you cant get it done like that but one of my buddy inspects cars and he showed me the book and unless its factory you cant have anything up front of the vehicle, i 2 had it done on my other truck, but it still wasnt legal so i think you better recheck the laws pal

Quick Reply: just got a tint ticket