Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L.E.D. Strobe Project

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 02:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L.E.D. Strobe Project

So I've been on the fire department for a while now, and I was planning on getting me some lights. Instead of a big light in the window, I think I'm gonna do A custom project. It will also be a good show thing when I'm at truck pulls and such. I ordered this off of eBay last night. Its a LED STROBE CONTROLLER BOX
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Now state law only allows red and white, which is ALL that is even Neccesary anyway. So I am going to run one lead to the reverse lights, which are already white LED's. Then I ordered the same bulbs for my DRL, and Im gonna run a lead to each of them seperatly, so they alternate flashing. and probably stick one of these in the turn signal housings

Here is my reverse lights

Im also gonna run two longer RED strips up at the top of the windshield, and have them alternate. They will fit perfectly infront of the head cover material and be barely if not at all visible when off.
NOW, qurstion is, WHAT ARE THESE conectors?? I'm not sure but I'd like to find accepting plugs so I dont have to cut and splice alot
Old 04-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not sure of the name of them why dont you check with the seller you got them from they may have them or be able to tell you where to get them. a buddy of mine had the same connectors on his lights i told him to sell them lol. if not go to radio shack and just cut those off and put new ones on that come with both male and female no real splicing just pinch the new pins and put them in the plug. I have a few of the radio shack plugs for just such occasions.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Launching!

by the way reseal your lights so you dont get so much moisture in the tail lamps.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lawson4450
not sure of the name of them why dont you check with the seller you got them from they may have them or be able to tell you where to get them. a buddy of mine had the same connectors on his lights i told him to sell them lol. if not go to radio shack and just cut those off and put new ones on that come with both male and female no real splicing just pinch the new pins and put them in the plug. I have a few of the radio shack plugs for just such occasions.
Originally Posted by lawson4450
by the way reseal your lights so you dont get so much moisture in the tail lamps.
Yeah, if I cant find them, I'll just cut and splice. The seller is in China...doubt my question would be answered or answered correctly. And yeah, I had some water in them, think I got that all out, those are older pics
Old 04-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Launching!

easiest thing to do is just get replacement connectors with the pins no soldering just crimp them on they are only a buck or two for the set both male and female.