Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let me know what you think...did I make a mistake? LOL

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 04:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fastnblu
I did that not too long ago. A real good wash, clay, wash again, polish, wash. It consumes more time than some may think. Esp. those not into their vehicles & that's it's just a point A to point B type of thing. I didn't use chrome cleaner, but I did it over 2 days too.

Chip seal right after or during a job like this, don't get me startin on people's timin when I'm cleanin my truck. :nunchuk1:

Very clean, even tho it has over 120k, u wouldn't know it.

Debadge & IMO, color match handles. I think this is 1 of the few trucks runnin stock exhaust. We're all gearheads in the end.
Contributing to the chip seal, what irks me to no end...is the people that haul *** up and down the street kicking up the gravel dust . And I'm two houses down from a stop sign!! I agree...not an issue I care to get into...it'll just **** me off even more. Lucky for me, I had another place to get 97% of the work done. Just did the finishing touches (i.e. chrome polish, trim, etc.).

Anyway, the door handles will get done when the bowtie gets done. I like the idea for sure...it's been in consideration as well. Nice to get add'l input to coax along a thought process though. Truck is semi-debadged as it sits. Only items left onboard right now are the two in the rear, obviously, lol. Do away with 'em huh?? What about paint match w/ the mirrors? Ye or nei??
Old 11-04-2009, 04:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AV8R27
...And I'm two houses down from a stop sign!! I agree...not an issue I care to get into...it'll just **** me off even more. Lucky for me, I had another place to get 97% of the work done. Just did the finishing touches (i.e. chrome polish, trim, etc.).

Anyway, the door handles will get done when the bowtie gets done. I like the idea for sure...it's been in consideration as well. Nice to get add'l input to coax along a thought process though. Truck is semi-debadged as it sits. Only items left onboard right now are the two in the rear, obviously, lol. Do away with 'em huh?? What about paint match w/ the mirrors? Ye or nei??
I'm also 2 houses from corner, but paved. People build speed from corner & accel past our house. Comin other way, some carry alot of speed & blow stop sign. I've almost been hit a few times, once by a POS down the **** when on my HD. He's notorious for speedin/ blowin stops. As I was turnin from a main rd into sub, he didn't even look & almost hit me. I mean only a few van lengths. Worse yet, cops won't help. "We didn't see it, we'll send a car out to look". He goes all times of day. What r odds they'll see him? They'll sit for say 10 min.( or whatever) round corner. Sticks out like a sore thumb. If he (or others don't) doesn't pass by w/in that time, they'll never see it. Yet, they look & run my plate just cause they can (even if not breakin any laws) or if I'm goin +5 over.

Anyway, ditch the tailgate badges. It took me awhile, IDK why, guess I felt like I paid for my truck & I pd. for emblems too. Gotta get my $ worth.
Once I pulled em, it cleaned up back beyond belief.
Mirrors? Ya, I haven't done mine cause I'm concerned w/. chips. Factory black plastic hides chips well, paint IDK. I'll prolly do em when I add/ paint some other stuff/ or wait to paint whole truck. Ideas ya know?

But, color-matched mirrors look soooooo good!
Old 11-04-2009, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fastnblu
I'm also 2 houses from corner, but paved. People build speed from corner & accel past our house. Comin other way, some carry alot of speed & blow stop sign. I've almost been hit a few times, once by a POS down the **** when on my HD. He's notorious for speedin/ blowin stops. As I was turnin from a main rd into sub, he didn't even look & almost hit me. I mean only a few van lengths. Worse yet, cops won't help. "We didn't see it, we'll send a car out to look". He goes all times of day. What r odds they'll see him? They'll sit for say 10 min.( or whatever) round corner. Sticks out like a sore thumb. If he (or others don't) doesn't pass by w/in that time, they'll never see it. Yet, they look & run my plate just cause they can (even if not breakin any laws) or if I'm goin +5 over.

Anyway, ditch the tailgate badges. It took me awhile, IDK why, guess I felt like I paid for my truck & I pd. for emblems too. Gotta get my $ worth.
Once I pulled em, it cleaned up back beyond belief.
Mirrors? Ya, I haven't done mine cause I'm concerned w/. chips. Factory black plastic hides chips well, paint IDK. I'll prolly do em when I add/ paint some other stuff/ or wait to paint whole truck. Ideas ya know?

But, color-matched mirrors look soooooo good!
It's the EXACT same thing I deal with here...adding even more to the mix, the road has a slight grade to it...enough that kids who live on the adjacent street ride they're bikes down it and catch some pretty badass speed by the time it levels out, lol. Stop sign is at the top of the hill. You can only imagine how well anything with 4 wheels and an engine does to pick up speed down it. :nunchuk1: Eh, anyway...

You've got me pretty much sold on finishing up the debadging. It's not even a matter of "I paid for it, so there it stays" kinda thing...maybe just a "pride of the bowtie" sorta thing, lmao. Corny, but I love my truck... (maybe a bit over the top, but...........yeah ) I thought about it yesterday before I threw down the wax, but decided against it. Will probably do it before the week is over though.

Mirrors...yeah, when painted look BADASS. I'd hate to get them back all purdy lookin', and then have to deal with chips. Maybe several coats of something good will keep them safe though. And, I'd like to have painted just the forward part of the mirror...not the entire mirror. Looks a little weird to me. Just on the front side...I like that look. Then, I just need to find a set of SSS wheels, cladding, bumper covers, etc...and it'll look real nice Now I just a few thousand $$$ and I'll be in biz...LMAO. Power will come first though.... Topic for another forum...haha.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SilverDog
Looks good, you have a few more parts to paint. What did you use to paint? Rattle/?
Yeah, just a rattle can. Was supposed to be CHROME in color, but I may have been the leading cause of failure to that. I started out with the primer, 2 coats...then used a paint that I thought was chrome, but ended up being just a silver metallic flake. I didn't like the way it looked...at all. On went more primer. THEN the now known chrome paint. Thinking the process might have messed up the end results' color. Knowing me as well as I do, lol, I'll end up stripping it down to nothing again and give it another shot. You can't just pop those grill pieces out though; they're fused with the rest of the front clip...so taping everything up takes some time...like 45 mins to an hour, . Only reason I haven't done it again already. But then got to looking at it and thought it looked alright being "semi-aluminum-ish" in color...yeah I dunno. Rest is history I suppose...
Old 11-05-2009, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

Default Forgot to add these first...how about some BEFORE pics.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Launching!

great color man i have the same on mine, im saving up for powder coated glossy black 24s, color match your bowtie def. great job on the wash it looks like its day 1 lol