SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Burban Project

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Problem is that my suburban actually sits pretty low, so during the project I jacked her up just to get under the boards a lil easier.

The demons are finally off!

Here's the final product. I think it looks better than before...and it will be easier to get that mud out from underneath the car. lol
Old 08-17-2009, 08:21 PM
TECH Addict

Nice truck, I had a 96 Tahoe.....once it hit 100k it started having issues, replaced the water pump, fuel pump, power steering pump and a few other things.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by qwk93ta
Nice truck, I had a 96 Tahoe.....once it hit 100k it started having issues, replaced the water pump, fuel pump, power steering pump and a few other things.
Thanks a lot. I replaced the fuel pump at 70k and the power steering at 140k. The truck currently just turned over 151k, but it will be completely re-done once the Duramax is under the hood, so hopefully there won't be too many more issues...
Old 09-09-2009, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

So tomorrow I am replacing the radiator with a 2 row aluminum unit, the intake manifold gasket, radiator hoses, putting in a 160* thermostat, and replacing my partially seized calipers with new units. I might even start my rear disc conversion project! I'll be sure to post it all up
Old 09-15-2009, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

So I managed to complete three projects this weekend. My first one was pretty simple, it was just putting Dynaxorb mats behind all of my speakers. I took picks of the rears because they were the first speakers that I did.

this one is sideways, I know

after this, my speakers sounded a lot cleaner, not as much rattle in my doors and ceiling. Totally worth an hour of my weekend for all of my speakers.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

I kind of did the next two at the same time, though I don't know why exactly. The calipers just had to be replaced and I didnt have the extra money to spend on aftermarket part at the moment, so carquest will have to do for the time being...The radiator was relatively straight forward, but the old hoses didn't really want to come off, cut my hand in the process.

Last time I'll see this radiator in here!

Pulled the hose, but a lot of fluid hit a crossmember and didn't make it to the bucket. whoops. I definitely owe my buddy a case of beer for this one.

Thirteen years of dead bugs under there! DOn't worry, that screw driver had only been there for about thirty seconds.

She's in!

And that temp gauge is proof that this was a success.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

I tried to do rotors too, but We ran into some problems with one of the bolts on the back of the hub that had been rounded off sometime in the past and couldn't get the rotors off. Calipers and pads will have to do for now.

Soldered the abs sensor while I was at it. But my ABS light is still on. hmmm
Old 09-16-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

looking good man. what radiator did you end up going with?
Old 09-17-2009, 01:57 PM
On The Tree

I honestly don't know. I ordered it from Kittridge Radiator in Denver CO. The box It came in had their logo on it, so I do not know what company they went through. All I know is that it works perfectly. I'll check though
Old 09-17-2009, 02:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

its not a big deal, i was just wondering cause i remembered your thread about it

Quick Reply: My Burban Project