Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Clean Chevy!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 03:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oldschoolsilvy
Trucks clean, personally id lose the tows and get some regular mirrors with white caps and do some colormatching. 26s are a little large for a nbs but either way it looks good man
(Edit) didnt see AK2007r6's post lol
i didnt even notice that at first, kinda looks like tow matter, lol!
Old 02-21-2012, 06:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pdub-chlevy
26s are the new 22s haah
i see 26's like once a month .. ditch the wheels please! Other than that looks good.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy 26's... Clean rig and dig the white and black, over all I'd check it out if it was at a light next to me. If you like it, roll out man.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by WhiteChevy3
i see 26's like once a month .. ditch the wheels please! Other than that looks good.
different strokes for different folks, I love my 26s!!
Old 02-21-2012, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by foose04
Holy 26's... Clean rig and dig the white and black, over all I'd check it out if it was at a light next to me. If you like it, roll out man.
Thanks man, goin with my favorite colors
Old 02-21-2012, 08:39 AM
Teching In

Ballin!
Old 02-21-2012, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by jimmy71395
Ballin!
HAHA thanks man
Old 02-21-2012, 08:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pdub-chlevy
Yes they are the oem gm tow mirrors. thanks man, going for clean
Welcome to the site! You'll learn a lot quickly here. We are brutally honest, but there are a lot of good guys here with a lot of good info.

If you are going for clean, those wheels ain't gonna cut it. I personally think they look ridiculous. Seems more appropriate for a lime green 86 Crown Vic. It would take a lot of mods just to get your performance numbers back to stock with those boat anchors at each corner.

It's good to see you're ditching the tow mirrors. Those stock mirrors with caps you mentioned will look much better.

Colormatching the door and tailgate handles will go a long way. Grab a few parts from an 06 or 07 classic truck. The upper bumper caps were smooth and painted those years. Also grab a lower black valence from those models or colormatch the one you have.

My vote with headlights is either leave them completely OEM or go all the way with clears/HIDS, etc. If you took the time to do true HIDs, I would have cleared the corners, too.

Love the window tint and colormatched bowtie, and the fact you've debadged and demolded. Get rid of the pin-stripe on the side to complete the look.

Any photos showing the rear bumper?
Old 02-21-2012, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by slpsilverado
Welcome to the site! You'll learn a lot quickly here. We are brutally honest, but there are a lot of good guys here with a lot of good info.

If you are going for clean, those wheels ain't gonna cut it. I personally think they look ridiculous. Seems more appropriate for a lime green 86 Crown Vic. It would take a lot of mods just to get your performance numbers back to stock with those boat anchors at each corner.

It's good to see you're ditching the tow mirrors. Those stock mirrors with caps you mentioned will look much better.

Colormatching the door and tailgate handles will go a long way. Grab a few parts from an 06 or 07 classic truck. The upper bumper caps were smooth and painted those years. Also grab a lower black valence from those models or colormatch the one you have.

My vote with headlights is either leave them completely OEM or go all the way with clears/HIDS, etc. If you took the time to do true HIDs, I would have cleared the corners, too.

Love the window tint and colormatched bowtie, and the fact you've debadged and demolded. Get rid of the pin-stripe on the side to complete the look.

Any photos showing the rear bumper?
Thanks man, I love my wheels and i personally think they are a clean wheel compared to alot of the crap that is out there. They are a little bigger than people normally do, and I do like to be different. Its not like the truck is lifted on the wheels and i am not trying to drag race the truck.

I am for sure trying to get some pieces color matched, getting the new mirrors painted asap and trying to find the bumper cover local. Any suggestions on doing the lower valance? Like sanding it down first or using a filler primer, or both.

The tint is 15% all the way around but it always looks super dark, i dont mind though.

I have the stock bumper for now, any suggestions?
My Clean Chevy!!-dsc_0806.jpg
Old 02-21-2012, 09:44 AM
TECH Regular

what's with the oakley pinstripe?

Quick Reply: My Clean Chevy!!