SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My VHO with a 4/6 and how I got to this point. Gimme your thoughts.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My VHO with a 4/6 and how I got to this point. Gimme your thoughts.

Well guys like everyone else on this site im hopelessly addicted to modding my truck. I traded in my 02 Arctic White Trans Am WS6 for my VHO with 19,000 miles back in August of 07 with the intentions of leaving it stock and using it for a DD. As we all know that didnt happen... First it started out with a billet grille to replace the hideous Lund overlay that someone had stuck on it and a painted bowtie. I also removed the bug guard and slapped a K&N Series 77 CAI on it. For sound I replaced the factory head unit with a Kenwood XXV-01D 25th Anniversary head unit.

I drove it like that until the warranty expired and then decided i wanted to drop it a little so i ordered up a McGaughys 2/4 and bought some 275/45/20 tires to replace the bald factory Goodyears. I also bought Escalade handles to clean up the looks a little bit.

Shortly after i decided that new exhaust was in order so it got mandrel bent true duals with 2 40 series Flowmaster mufflers. I also lightly smoked the tails and third brake light, painted some interior pieces, slapped on a roll pan, and did a bolt in C notch to improve ride quality. I also put a Kenwood indash in it as well as 2 12" subs under the back seat. I drove it like that up until August of this year. In between there i had the truck tuned and deleted the cats. Anyhow, I decided that low wasnt low enough so I ordered up a flip kit and bought some purple keys off KevinF56 here on the board. Thanks to teesee150 as well for hooking me up with some factory hangers since I sold mine after i did the 2/4. I also ordered some 245/40/20 tires to accomodate the drop.

After that i decided to clean up the front end a little more by pulling the headlights and parking lights apart and smoking the amber reflectors.

Im still in the process of doing alot of little things to the truck as well as planning some major things. A Level 5 4L65E is in the very near future as well as a cam and longtubes. Im also looking at a blower of some sort, just have to decide what i want. I had originally planned to turbo the truck which is why i havent gone with LT's yet. A good buddy of mine had planned to build me a set of longtubes out of T304 stainless but since I decided to go cam and possibly blown ill just get a set of LPP's or Stainless Works.

Anyhow guys, sorry for the long post, just thought you guys might enjoy seeing the evolution of my truck. Im sure i forgot all sorts of little things but i think i covered most everything. Let me know what you guys think. Its always cool to get different views of what other people think/would do.

-Jared
Old 09-29-2009, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

looks good but it need more meat on the tires...

-Rob
Old 09-29-2009, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

clean truck man, keep it up
Old 09-29-2009, 11:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Rob Ive kinda thought that too at times but im not real worried about it because im looking into a set of 22's. I want to go with something light like a Centerline or something billet and that will fill the rest of the gap.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

looks good!
Old 09-29-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Resident

looks clean i agree on those tires too more meat, when u decide to get rid of those wheels I will snag them off you! if u want
Old 09-29-2009, 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ws6ls1
Rob Ive kinda thought that too at times but im not real worried about it because im looking into a set of 22's. I want to go with something light like a Centerline or something billet and that will fill the rest of the gap.
oh ok, well yeah man that would definately fill the space in the wheel wells. it still looks good tho...

-Rob
Old 09-29-2009, 12:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the compliments guys.
GueroRSCB- What about the 22's in your sig? And how much would you give for my wheels? Keep in mind the tires are 6 weeks old.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good man. i'm glad those purple keys went to good use.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks really good. Nice and clean. i don't know about the rims, but they don't look bad by any means. i wish I didn't NEED 4wd all the time so I could have a clean truck like everyone else. keep up the good work.

Quick Reply: My VHO with a 4/6 and how I got to this point. Gimme your thoughts.