Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice on trading truck for paintjob

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 12:25 AM
makes children cry

Received 432 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by 1LOW4X4
sweet do you ps? any way you could do CYB up to the middle of the door handle on my truck lol? i guess on the full side pic i got?
sorta...
what's CYB & what vehicles can i find it on as a reference?
it'd be tomorrow night before i could do it... i've had a couple drinks & i'm dead tired

i dont really have a choice, the way he talks it has to stay pewter on top, he dont wanna go that far i guess
then have him do the dark color from the top down instead...

Originally Posted by honeycutt.dewey
IMO, you should put darker colors on top and lighter ones on bottom. otherwise it looks like you ran out of paint half-way through...
i beg to differ...

Last edited by _zebra; 05-04-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:29 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry i meant to say cgm...cyber grey metallic. thats cool man, shoot if you r interested then i guess get me one of the top and the bottom!
Old 05-04-2010, 12:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, here is my .02 First and foremost, like Tom said I really like the truck but the rims are not my favorite. I'm not a big paint job guy, but that's just not my thing. There are a lot of trucks on here that have sweet color schemes, so that would look sweet!!! . . . . but . . . . .

I have always liked that older body style. It would look good with a lift and tires and a little TLC. Another + is that if you are starting to do performance mods to your truck, it would be nice to have a DD at the same time you are working on your truck. Always nice to have a clean ride as well. If I were you, I'd keep both, but I can definitely see you trading for the paint job. Good luck either way!! Keep us posted.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camochevy21
...Another + is that if you are starting to do performance mods to your truck, it would be nice to have a DD at the same time you are working on your truck. Always nice to have a clean ride as well. If I were you, I'd keep both, but I can definitely see you trading for the paint job. Good luck either way!! Keep us posted.
An excellent point I overlooked. Esp. if you're new truck will be down for any time, unless u have other transportation. Do some of performance mods that may create downtime issues, then get rid of the older 1 after he paints the Pewter truck. Ya, that's it.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^ Yep, that way if you get frustrated you can walk away and still have a truck to drive the next morning to work . . . or the bar.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Import Moderator

your truck looks great as is... DD the oobs imo
Old 05-04-2010, 12:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Keep the DD. You spend money on paint and every door ding, rock chip, scratch you get will hurt that much more. Esp if you plan to do performance mods later one, it will be nice to have a DD if your truck is getting worked on.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Banned

Well there's a new equation in this mix. My dad has a short wide 86 model silvy that i've already paid to have dropped 2-4, it on pretty good condition but not as good as my 85. Anyways he knows I want a short wide to slam on the ground and DD. So he asked I'd I'd be interested on a trade. I'll post pics of it later it's 3 different colors lol but I could change that.

I really want a spare truck, esp. a short wide more than I want a paint job and have just one truck
Old 05-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Import Moderator

I really want a spare truck, esp. a short wide more than I want a paint job and have just one truck
it is always nice to have a DD so your other truck doesn't have to take that abuse (take it from someone who has had like 5 trucks in the past 4 yrs hehe).... especially after you just had a custom paint job done
Old 05-04-2010, 03:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

trade him and but another $500 beater to DD. is he going to paint the door jams too?

Quick Reply: Need advice on trading truck for paintjob