SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice on trading truck for paintjob

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would invest in some good shocks. relocate them behind the rear end. caltracs , a trans and a blower if i were you.

then i would invest in some new upholstery , gauge pillar , get you a gauge cluster face that would match ... i like the rims. but they dont go with the truck.

20-22" with a wide *** tire!!!!!
Old 05-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by daryn c
i would invest in some good shocks. relocate them behind the rear end. caltracs , a trans and a blower if i were you.

then i would invest in some new upholstery , gauge pillar , get you a gauge cluster face that would match ... i like the rims. but they dont go with the truck.

20-22" with a wide *** tire!!!!!
my shocks are brand new belltech street performance?.....Also i already have leather in the 01, its an LT

whats a caltrac?

I'm starting small, temp gauge, (i like your idea of matching gauges), vette servo, LT headers with ORY and 3" cutout, efans, (had some but sold em before i had a chance to put em in), tune after the headers and exhaust.....then i'm going to get the cam, valve springs, pushrods, stall, shift kit, trans cooler.....this is all going to be happening real quick. i've ordered a good number of these parts already.

I have decided to keep my red truck. I need something to drive on the side, because if my 4l60e blows Ill need to get it beefed up and I'd like to do it right. Its just going to be really nice to have something on the side to drive.

Also, anyone who knows anything about the OOBS knows that to get my interior like it is youd have to spend close to 3 grand. if you doubt me then look up the parts lol. when i say this thing is immaculate i mean immaculate. No cracks, no wear on steering wheel, factory radio with no wear, new seat cover new carpet, ac blows strong and cold.....power windows and doors...the works. I'd be a fool to trade this thing for a paintjob or even for a short wide, because its nowhere near as clean as this one. even with mine being LWB...

Thanks to all who commented and influenced my decision! I'm in the performance phase of my '01 now, and need another DD for when the 01's down!
Old 05-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd keep the old truck.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

Originally Posted by 1LOW4X4
my shocks are brand new belltech street performance?.....Also i already have leather in the 01, its an LT

whats a caltrac?

I'm starting small, temp gauge, (i like your idea of matching gauges), vette servo, LT headers with ORY and 3" cutout, efans, (had some but sold em before i had a chance to put em in), tune after the headers and exhaust.....then i'm going to get the cam, valve springs, pushrods, stall, shift kit, trans cooler.....this is all going to be happening real quick. i've ordered a good number of these parts already.

I have decided to keep my red truck. I need something to drive on the side, because if my 4l60e blows Ill need to get it beefed up and I'd like to do it right. Its just going to be really nice to have something on the side to drive.

Also, anyone who knows anything about the OOBS knows that to get my interior like it is youd have to spend close to 3 grand. if you doubt me then look up the parts lol. when i say this thing is immaculate i mean immaculate. No cracks, no wear on steering wheel, factory radio with no wear, new seat cover new carpet, ac blows strong and cold.....power windows and doors...the works. I'd be a fool to trade this thing for a paintjob or even for a short wide, because its nowhere near as clean as this one. even with mine being LWB...

Thanks to all who commented and influenced my decision! I'm in the performance phase of my '01 now, and need another DD for when the 01's down!

not doubting that your interior is clean and/ or is good as new i used to have a 99 4.8 stepside 3 door.. power everything, got it from my grandmaw with 40,000 as a first truck. man that bitch was clean, she was scared about the seats cracking or tearing so she used to keep covers on them. and actual rugs on the floorboards...... but anyway .just sayin usually people will get some custom 2 tone leather seat covers or something that has a color scheme goin with it or something lol....
Old 05-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Banned

heres some more pics of it....too clean to get rid of! Thanks guys

Old 05-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by daryn c
not doubting that your interior is clean and/ or is good as new i used to have a 99 4.8 stepside 3 door.. power everything, got it from my grandmaw with 40,000 as a first truck. man that bitch was clean, she was scared about the seats cracking or tearing so she used to keep covers on them. and actual rugs on the floorboards...... but anyway .just sayin usually people will get some custom 2 tone leather seat covers or something that has a color scheme goin with it or something lol....
naw when I was talkin about the interior I meant on the red truck the 85. all the 01 has is stock charcoal leather. the money I'd spend on two tone leather seat covers would by me a rebuild for my trans or something like that. The windows are too dark to see inside anyways lol. never did answer my Q, what is a caltrac.

oh and whats the advantage to putting the other shock behind the rear
Old 05-04-2010, 10:05 PM
TECH Regular

paint it

if it was a rcsb id say keep it
Old 05-04-2010, 10:47 PM
makes children cry

Received 432 Likes on 354 Posts

even though you changed your mind, i already had it done, so here's a really rough example of CGM on top with a blue pinstripe.
keep in mind i ain't got a clue how to make a flat-looking color more metallic-looking, so you'll have to pretend there's silver & blue flake in it
Need advice on trading truck for paintjob-001-9-copy.jpg

wow! *facepalm*
i just realized your calipers are green... had i noticed that before, i'd've done a green stripe
Old 05-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

paint
Old 05-05-2010, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by beastmode
it is always nice to have a DD so your other truck doesn't have to take that abuse (take it from someone who has had like 5 trucks in the past 4 yrs hehe).... especially after you just had a custom paint job done
Coming home to a clean truck in the garage is like coming home to a good lookin woman wearing nothing but the smile on her face.

It is nice to have a second vehicle. I had a beater in hs and I bought my first truck. I didn't know any of you yet so I abused both of them equally. You will need that DD when you are installing the turbo on your truck.