Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need ideas/Suggestions for my truck 07 NNBS RCSB

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 11:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need ideas/Suggestions for my truck 07 NNBS RCSB

Guys, looking for some advice, ideas, suggestions for my truck.

Been looking at trading it in and getting in on an 09 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB 4x4 recently, but am kinda giving up that idea, not wanting to give much for trade in and not really selling the trucks that cheap. Was hoping to get in on the 0% interest financing they got going right now, but it just ain't happening. Also been looking at used diesels, just can't find any thing that fits the bill.

So going to hold onto it for a while. I'm real close to needing new tires. The stock goodyears have lasted me 54K miles so far but they are junk on wet roads, have been since day one, and getting worse.

I'd like some stock Z71 18's or silverado 20's just can't find any for a decent price. Also can't really drop the truck, would love to, but really can't do it. I've got 2" drop shackles and the 1" rear block out of the back, but the truck still doesn't really have any personaility IMO. And the truck is a 2WD, but has the Z71 package, took the Z71 decals off the bedsides and added a Tahoe Z71 emblem on the tailgate, looks much cleaner(not in the pics)

Any ideas on leveling it out and putting the stock shackles and block back in? Tire ideas, stock 265-70-17's or other size. Aftermarket wheel/stock wheels? Any ideas are welcome, just needing some direction. Been looking at Bridgestone Dueler Revos, Nitto TerraGrapplers, or Cooper Zeon LTZ's if I stay stock tire size, but not really crazy about the stock wheels on this truck either.

Most recent pics I have, have added the tahoe Z71 emblem on the tailgate and painted mirror caps since these pics, also re-installed the front lower airdam.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:58 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the factory 18" Z71 wheels would look good like you mentioned...have you checked ebay and the classifieds section here? I like the Tahoe 20's also...I know I've seen them on ebay, just can't remember how much $$ they were. Why can't you drop it, is it a work truck or something? You don't have to lay frame, but closing some of the wheel well gap would be nice. You could always level out the front with spring spacers if you wanted to go that direction, but "lifted" 2wd's are a little weird IMO.

Some more little color matching accents would be nice, like the mirrors, rear spoiler, tailgate cap and handle, and bumper cap. From the pics it looks like you already color-matched the bowtie
Old 12-13-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Veteran

I'd like to lift the rear back up and level the front with some 20's and some 275-60-17 AT's. Like you said, lifted 2wd's are a bit weird, but.... Thats what I wanted to do with a new 4x4.

I've found a set of reasonably priced 18's, but would like the 20's. Just can't find a set under $1k.

I could drop the truck a bit more, but from looking around it seems that a mild 2" drop is about twice the cost of say a 4/7. I have to use my truck to visit construction sites from time to time so that low is a no-go.

Been trying to find another tailgate handle and bezel to paint to match. Can't find any with the key hole in them. Need to re-paint my front bowtie and the front bumper corner on the passenger side above the fog light. Some one decided to rub it with something.

Looking at the last pic, I need to remove that damn sticker on the passnger side frame.

Also been wanting to get me a corsa dual 4" stainless tip to put on the back side behind the passenger side. And I really need to clear my headlights, just a little leary of cutting open a perfectly good headlight. LOL.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:31 PM
13 Second Truck Club

I say level it out a little bit more, whether that means lower the rear or raise the front, either way, and put on a set of NNBS 20's with a nice size tire.

Last edited by A Low Dime; 12-13-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:51 PM
TECH Resident

Just do a 2/4 would b perfect for that truck wont be to low. some OEM 20's 295/45/20 IMO would have a nice sport look. of If not just 2" in the rear.

or leveling kit for the front 20's AT'S would b clean too.

Debadge the whole truck with colormatch with HID's pimpd out
Old 12-13-2009, 02:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah, def. want to do some HID's.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:29 PM
TECH Resident

You could something like JB did on his most recent change.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

lifted back up, put some nnbs silvy 20's with some nitto terra grapplbers..... i think that looks real good in a rcsb, there are a few in rgv and look real good....
Old 12-13-2009, 11:02 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe that they sell spring spacers that will level that front end out for you...and you're right about those Tahoe 20's, I just did some snooping around ebay and lowest that I saw for a set of 4 was a grand...and about $249 for a single wheel. It's going to look good either way (up or down), be sure to keep us updated with plenty of pics
Old 12-14-2009, 08:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by blk03
You could something like JB did on his most recent change.
What did JB do with his latest? I know a few weeks ago he was lifted, but then a couple days ago read he was back stock height leveled on stock wheels? He changes that truck like underwear.

Quick Reply: Need ideas/Suggestions for my truck 07 NNBS RCSB