Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice.

I have the rear of my 06 silverado standard short bed leveled with 2" shackles. i want to go lower and i am considering this DJM kit. please let me know what you think, postive or negative. i am seriously considered with ride quality so keep that in mind. also, i assume that i can go back to stock if im not happy with it?

http://www.gcustoms.com/product_info...ucts_id/11205/
Old 06-09-2008, 08:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am running a djm 4/6 kit, uses control arms up front and a flip kit out back. Since the factory springs are retained, the ride will be similar to stock. Up front the stock shocks are used so you shouldn't notice much of a difference. You will need shorter shocks for the back, most use doestch tech shocks, but I have heard they are a little firm. I bought my kit used and the previous owner had summit drop shocks on the back and it rode nice and smooth.

You may notice increased bump steer with the control arms. So say it's real noticable, but personally I don't find it to be a problem. Your only other option to keep a factory ride would be to use spindles. I have heard spindles will increase your turning radius, and some require the use of larger wheels.

And yes, if you are not happy with it, it will just be a matter of bolting up the stock parts to return it to stock. Honestly I think you would be happy with the above kit, and it will give the truck a nice stance
Old 06-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same kit on my extended cab 06, the axle would slap the frame on big dips. What I did to fix the problem was install spring helpers. Virtually eliminated the problem without a C notch.