SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Dings

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 01:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People are so ignorant, especially with trucks. Most people just assume that because it is not a car and it is a truck that you probably use it for work and nothing else. When I say work I mean construction etc.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:11 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've put alot of scratches on my truck in the year its been parked in the garage
Old 03-19-2007, 02:26 AM
GFYS and STFU

You should see what someone did to my rear bumper!! I now drive with my trailer hitch on and am thinking of fabing up some hidden rubber bumpers that stick out slightly past the front bumper that would hook up in place of where the tow hooks are. Parallel parking is a bitch but it's also a must in LA.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:59 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
You should see what someone did to my rear bumper!! I now drive with my trailer hitch on and am thinking of fabing up some hidden rubber bumpers that stick out slightly past the front bumper that would hook up in place of where the tow hooks are. Parallel parking is a bitch but it's also a must in LA.
Too many people parallel park by "feel" around here too Half of the cars with plastic bumper covers have license plate bolt marks all over them
Old 03-19-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I've put alot of scratches on my truck in the year its been parked in the garage
Old 03-20-2007, 08:50 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

my poor truck looks like its been parked on a golf driving range...
Old 03-20-2007, 01:24 PM
apple bottom jeans

Not only are people horrible drivers/parkers, they have no common sense. My alarm went off one day while I was at work, and I came out to see a man had driven in to the back of my truck. My trailer hitch dug into his hood and broke through. I don't think it ever occured for him to stop. And I know that's not enough to set my shock sensor off, because its about as far away from the sensor as possible. I gave the truck a quickwalk around, and there was a new dent in my hood. The ******* hit my hood with a wrench because he was "mad". Hit your own damn car. I waited till he came out and confronted him, he said I had no business parking where I did...because two yellow lines don' constitute a parking spot. I asked for his insurance info, he told me to **** off and drove away.

Funny thing is, I had his license plate #, a description of the car, and a pretty obvious dent in his hood. I called my insurance company, and gave them the info, and got a nice fat check for a new hitch and hood. The hitch wasn't even scratched, the dent in the hood is barely noticable.

That money is going towards a Cervinis ram air hood....thank you angry motorist!
Old 03-20-2007, 01:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cam Galbraith
Not only are people horrible drivers/parkers, they have no common sense. My alarm went off one day while I was at work, and I came out to see a man had driven in to the back of my truck. My trailer hitch dug into his hood and broke through. I don't think it ever occured for him to stop. And I know that's not enough to set my shock sensor off, because its about as far away from the sensor as possible. I gave the truck a quickwalk around, and there was a new dent in my hood. The ******* hit my hood with a wrench because he was "mad". Hit your own damn car. I waited till he came out and confronted him, he said I had no business parking where I did...because two yellow lines don' constitute a parking spot. I asked for his insurance info, he told me to **** off and drove away.

Funny thing is, I had his license plate #, a description of the car, and a pretty obvious dent in his hood. I called my insurance company, and gave them the info, and got a nice fat check for a new hitch and hood. The hitch wasn't even scratched, the dent in the hood is barely noticable.

That money is going towards a Cervinis ram air hood....thank you angry motorist!
Pay bak is a b!t<h
Old 03-20-2007, 02:34 PM
GFYS and STFU

Your too nice!! I have a slight problem with people like that and usually take that wrench and break their windshield. I have california road rage...sorry.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Made in South Korea

I gave up having a nice truck, I park in the student lot at college. I get hit dailey...

I think it would cost more than the value of my truck to take them all out...