Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New drag shoes...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New drag shoes...

Well truck looks a little funny but boy what a difference! I met up with Chevythunder06 this weekend and since he has a dmax now he sold me these wheels and tires. I got a great deal on them so I couldnt pass them up. The GMC wheels are going on my Sierra so I needed a set of wheels and tires in the mean time. All my other wheels and tires are about 4 hours away at my buddies house so this will work for a week or two.

M&H Drag radials 28"x10" and the front are 27" tall.

Truck feels really lite on its feet. I went up the road and heated them a little bit and I revved it to about 3k and let the clutch out and just about stalled the truck! Tried 4k and she spun a little, grabbed 2nd and she set right down and started to eat! It feels really good not to just broil the tires! My GMC wheels and tires weighed about ~82lbs where these wheels and tires weight ~60lbs so 88lbs and shorter height really made a difference. I already feel bad for my LS7 clutch so I gotta try to take it easy. Yes again Ill say it too it does look really dopey with the little tires but they will have to stay on for a few weeks.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:37 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by JakeBrakeIH
I went up the road and heated them a little bit and I revved it to about 3k and let the clutch out and just about stalled the truck! Tried 4k and she spun a little, grabbed 2nd and she set right down and started to eat!
We want a launch video, NOW!

Were you surprised it hooked so well?
Old 10-25-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by A Low Dime
We want a launch video, NOW!

Were you surprised it hooked so well?
I would if it wasnt so damn dark!

I have never used anything like a drag radial. Never had anything that needed a sticky tire but wow, really impressed! Usually 1st is spinning so I shift into 2nd, then it bogs cuz I shifted too soon, turbo spools and then roasts the tires again, chirps 3rd and 4th.

Now in 1st the truck still spins a little and goes sideways a little but I shift at around 5500 or so, then hit 2nd and she just hooks and goes where before it would just spin. It work chip at all anymore. Feels much faster! I can only imagine what it would be like at a prep'd track. Im defiantly going to have to get a much bigger clutch thats for sure!
Old 10-25-2010, 07:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who cares if it looks funny! you dont spin as much! hahaha, i'd roll with em if i had traction problems lol...but since i have nearly no traction problems.... lmao
Old 10-25-2010, 07:40 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool Man!

Truck looks good, Simple and clean!

I bet with your setup it sets you back in the seat pretty damn good.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gs7793
who cares if it looks funny! you dont spin as much! hahaha, i'd roll with em if i had traction problems lol...but since i have nearly no traction problems.... lmao
Originally Posted by TIM Z
Cool Man!

Truck looks good, Simple and clean!

I bet with your setup it sets you back in the seat pretty damn good.
Thanks guys!

Ya it really only used to set you in the seat big time in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear. Now second really hooks and lugs the turbo down so it sets ya back in 2nd even too!
Old 10-25-2010, 08:33 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Does look funny but function over fation in this case! Did you guy the wheels or borrow them? If you bought them why not get something much lighter!?!?! I have steel 16s with slicks and they weight like 55 or so. If I buy wheels they will be aluminum and be in the 40-45 lbs. range. Just curious why you went with fairly heavy wheel if you bought them.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by custm2500
Does look funny but function over fation in this case! Did you guy the wheels or borrow them? If you bought them why not get something much lighter!?!?! I have steel 16s with slicks and they weight like 55 or so. If I buy wheels they will be aluminum and be in the 40-45 lbs. range. Just curious why you went with fairly heavy wheel if you bought them.
I bought them for $300 bucks, so its not much of an investment. This winter I will probably order a set of wheels specific for my truck. I swapped in the 14 bolt and its much narrower than the 10 bolt. I have currently 2" wheel spacers on the rear and they sit like factory. So i can spec out a set of wheels with almost not offset and run no spacers and get some really wide tires. But for the price I couldnt pass them up and if anything I have a friend that could use them if I dont.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:01 AM
In the 12's??????

Damn Pete,
The wheels/ tires do look tiny on the truck, they looked much more proportional on my 4/6 drop.
But you got what you wanted... traction! When you left the other day with the street tires I knew you'd benefit from the DR's.
Your truck definitely hauls some ***! I think we turned a few heads leaving Riverhead that day.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chevythunder06
Damn Pete,
The wheels/ tires do look tiny on the truck, they looked much more proportional on my 4/6 drop.
But you got what you wanted... traction! When you left the other day with the street tires I knew you'd benefit from the DR's.
Your truck definitely hauls some ***! I think we turned a few heads leaving Riverhead that day.
Ya your defiantly right, they looked just fine on your truck but hey, I am happy with the way they work so thats fine if they are small. Your truck isnt no joke either lol! Riverhead probably thought they opened the drag strip up when we were driving through there haha

Just one question, how the hell did you keep your quarter panels so damn clean?! haha these things throw up everything

Quick Reply: New drag shoes...