Old 10-11-2004, 07:17 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good! Very clean....
Old 10-12-2004, 01:00 AM
On The Tree

Does the Fabtech lift push the front wheels out? If so I think thats why you still rub with more lift.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Chris D.
Does the Fabtech lift push the front wheels out? If so I think thats why you still rub with more lift.
I dont think it does, the 16x10's really push the wheels out past the fenders but the front track width is pretty close to the rear. MAYBE a 1/4" to 1/2" more. It use to rub on the rear part of the fenders right at the bottom of the fender lip. It would just BARELY rub at the most but still enough to make an annoying popping noise and to cut up the edges of the lugs on my M/T's. It would only do while the front suspension was compressed about an inch or two, just normal driving or turning full lock on even pavement wouldn't rub.

I think i've only got 4 1/2" b.s. on my wheels so that could be another reason. I kinda wish i would have went with just a 9.5" suspension lift and left the body lift alone. It cured my rubbing problems, but i hate how i had to hack my front airdam to clear the old bumper mount pads on the frame. And i hated how low my tow package hung down so i took it off and now it looks 100% better. I was just going to cut off the old mount pads for the front bumper so i wouldn't have to cut my airdam, but i've been thinking about maybe after i sell my 79 Z taking the suspension lift and body lift off and going with a 9.5" FTS lift.

Here's a head on pic of how much my tires stick out of the fenders in the front. This was before the body lift......
Attached Thumbnails New pics of 16x10 and 315s NO RUB!!!!!!-100_0254.jpg   New pics of 16x10 and 315s NO RUB!!!!!!-100_0257.jpg  
Old 10-13-2004, 04:05 AM
On The Tree

Truck looks good. Let me know if you want to sell the lift I would like to buy it.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Chris D.
Truck looks good. Let me know if you want to sell the lift I would like to buy it.
I'll give you a holler, it may be sometime before next spring. Never know about selling show cars...this guy may come through or it could all be bull.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

LS1S10, your Grille is sweet! I'd never seen one until I saw a pic of yours. Can you post a pic of it in sunlight, i'm thinking of buying one just from seeing yours.

GregM
Old 10-15-2004, 12:56 AM
On The Tree

Let me know.

Thanks,
Chris D.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GregM
LS1S10, your Grille is sweet! I'd never seen one until I saw a pic of yours. Can you post a pic of it in sunlight, i'm thinking of buying one just from seeing yours.

GregM
Thanks man! Probably the most reflective pic i have of it right now is the first one in my above post. I think i have 2 or 3 new pics i've taken since the body lift on my cam in my truck, but i got to get some batt's to see if they show it any better or not.....mine are deader than hell right now. It was sunny the day i took the ones still on my cam i haven't loaded up yet, but i can't remember if i got anymore head on shots. I gotta take my card and get some prints made up tomorrow so i'll check for you, if they really dont show up that good i could probably clean my grill tomorrow and just snap some pics of it because i think its suppose to be sunny. My trucks dirty right now and its too cold to hand wash it they way the weathers been, so if i post some new ones tomorrow....no dirty comments "pun intended"

The polished stainless is basically like chrome, you can see yourself in it almost like a mirror and it shines like a ****. Everywhere i go i usually have all sorts of people commenting on the grill, even had a couple of old ladies tell me they liked it and asked if i put it on or if it came like that It adds alot of character and did alot for the front end IMO. Just remember to get a DJ grill, it's really high quality and the install wasn't too aweful bad.....i did do some cussing and it took probably an hour to do. I can't vouch for any of the other makers that make similar grill's, but im really happy with mine.

BTW....sorry for hijacking your post chris
Old 10-16-2004, 12:27 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, sorry Chris, didn't mean to hijack ya, but I look at your pics just about every day and admire your truck....if that makes it all better. Thanks to both of you.

GregM
Old 10-16-2004, 12:28 AM
On The Tree

Thanks Greg.

Quick Reply: New pics of 16x10 and 315s NO RUB!!!!!!