SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Satin Gray and Flat Black paint job!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 02:08 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile New Satin Gray and Flat Black paint job!

So Kermit is officially DEAD!! As some of you know my truck's been getting repainted after being re-ended by madam text-a-lot on the freeway so after what seemed like a whole freaking month...I FINALLY got it back today!!!

The main color is Satin Gray/Silver, it's a bit of a freaky color because it doesn't stop changing. One minute it looks like liquid mercury, and as a cloud covers the sun the paint starts to take on a light bronze/Maroon hue to it, clouds disappear again and it looks like gun metal gray with flakes in it...and so on!! I'm really liking it. I obviously didn't want a totally monotone color paint job so I threw in some flat black stripes, off-set to not be too cliche, and painted the mirrors, door handles, mesh Grill to match as well as the Chevy emblem.
I got the truck back when the sun had already gone down so maybe tomorrow or the day after I'll get some pics of it during the day, but the truck changes attitude as I change the flash settings so here's a few pics to begin with.

NO FLASH SHOTS...

Name:  CIMG4635.jpg
Views: 1616
Size:  111.1 KB

Name:  CIMG4633.jpg
Views: 1596
Size:  108.5 KB

Name:  CIMG4632.jpg
Views: 1441
Size:  96.6 KB

Name:  CIMG4630.jpg
Views: 1420
Size:  97.5 KB

WITH FLASH...

Name:  CIMG4625.jpg
Views: 1444
Size:  87.0 KB

Name:  CIMG4627.jpg
Views: 1281
Size:  58.5 KB

Name:  CIMG4639.jpg
Views: 1444
Size:  67.3 KB

SOFT FLASH...

Name:  CIMG4642.jpg
Views: 1463
Size:  77.5 KB

Name:  CIMG4644.jpg
Views: 1367
Size:  75.9 KB

Name:  CIMG4645.jpg
Views: 1400
Size:  58.6 KB

And here's a few pics that I was able to take during the day as they were still working on it, don't mind the wheels, they haven't been cleaned yet...

Name:  IMG_0288.jpg
Views: 9750
Size:  71.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0287.jpg
Views: 3775
Size:  54.4 KB

And the HD front end, emblem not painted yet...

Name:  IMG_0292.jpg
Views: 7035
Size:  47.9 KB

Also let me know what you think, if you hate it than please speak up, I'd like to hear your thoughts as well. There's a few things I have to take it back to the paint shop for next week so some changes/alterations will/can be done to it. Specifically, I need to know whether or not to color match the handles with the Satin Gray or leave them flat black like they are now. Let me hear it, Pro's and Con's, good and bad! I haven't thought of a new name yet for this one, any suggestions!?
Old 04-24-2010, 02:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love it. It reminds me of brushed aluminum in some ways. For the handles, how about painting the buckets body color and leaving the pulls black?
Old 04-24-2010, 02:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good, congrats. As for the question, I think I would color match the handles, but it looks fine like that too.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lookin fukin sick
Old 04-24-2010, 03:01 AM
Blown 427 LSX

I took a few pics, my camera is a little better, or I got lucky with my shots... who knows...

Looks really good in person - and yes, color match the handles 100%... accent parts you want to highlight - handles are not something to highlight. Great dinner tonight too - see you sunday
Old 04-24-2010, 03:03 AM
Blown 427 LSX

PS - I will have my big camera sunday for some good pics... more to come!
Old 04-24-2010, 03:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

I like it, think i would color match the handles and mirrors with tinting head/turn lights and some flat black tear drop plates for the side pipes and calling it done imo. but im just happy you didnt go with the cliche all flat black honestly..
also think i would of filled in the stake pockets while all the work was being done, but just my 2cents..
how about the silver slug for a name..?

Last edited by skolman91; 04-24-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:23 AM
TECH Addict

Very nicely done. I like it. And now that I think about it, I'd like to see it on my '72 Cutlass...hmmmm.

Last edited by lady3bglover; 04-24-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:38 AM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by skolman91
I like it, think i would color match the handles and mirrors with tinting head/turn lights and some flat black tear drop plates for the side pipes and calling it done imo. but im just happy you didnt go with the cliche all flat black honestly..
also think i would of filled in the stake pockets while all the work was being done, but just my 2cents..
how about the silver slug for a name..?
Sweet!! Lots of good suggestions here!!
-So...Headlights are actually already on the list of things to do next week, I just need to find some clear corners first. Would of done them today but I couldn't find the stupid clear corners!
-Plates around the exhaust are also in the works, gonna be flat black but not tear drop, most likely just square/rectangle
-I agree with the flat black starting to look cliche, I really wanted to do that at first too but I'm starting to see it around way too much. And like Dave said to me earlier, I can always put a coat of clear on it to change it up some if I get bored with it.
-I think I'm gonna do what StrokerAce03 suggested with the buckets being matched and the pulls staying black, that sounds pretty good but I'll sleep on it.
-And are the stake pockets the holes in the front of the bumper you referring too?
Old 04-24-2010, 03:40 AM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by StrokerAce03
I love it. It reminds me of brushed aluminum in some ways. For the handles, how about painting the buckets body color and leaving the pulls black?
That does sound kinda nice! I'll have to think it over some more!

Originally Posted by FrankyRST
Looks good, congrats. As for the question, I think I would color match the handles, but it looks fine like that too.
I'm starting to hear that more and more actually!

Originally Posted by Parke10
lookin fukin sick
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by lady3bglover
Very nicely done. I like it.
Thanks Lisa!! You and I have both been re-ended by texting ladies! We should start a club!

Quick Reply: New Satin Gray and Flat Black paint job!