SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Satin Gray and Flat Black paint job!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 04:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Brandon, I don't think 1SICKhawk meant it like he didn't like the thread. He just didn't wanna see Dave in a speedo. Nor do I. Or anyone for that matter.
thats all i meant
Old 05-05-2010, 08:29 PM
formerly lamborado (1-12-2012)

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Thanks Lamborado! Btw, how hard is it to keep your truck clean with your flat black paint job?
its not bad man, just like washing regular paint. im getting it re done though, cus i smoked a deer, im using SEM hot rod black this time, i ordered the paint just waiting on the time to put it in the booth.

Last edited by BOTLFED_AWD; 05-05-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:34 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I gotta do some more research on the different ways of doing flat colors. I know of two different ways already, each with different requirements on maintaining them.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:26 AM
TECH Resident

I find my self still pulling up this thread just to see the picks again. The color/paint style is just perfect!
Old 05-06-2010, 11:32 AM
GFYS and STFU

Thanks Sc00by!!
Old 05-06-2010, 02:18 PM

I gotta do some more research on the different ways of doing flat colors. I know of two different ways already, each with different requirements on maintaining them.
dont buff, that i do know
Old 05-06-2010, 02:30 PM
GFYS and STFU

I was told never to Wax it, I guess that's the same thing as buff'ing right?
Old 05-06-2010, 02:36 PM

I was told never to Wax it, I guess that's the same thing as buff'ing right?
i was told no wax or buffing, but im pretty sure it means about the same thing, cus to get wax off you pretty much gotta buff it, but im sure a paint and body guy would be like no dumb *** theres a difference
Old 05-06-2010, 03:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

*Drools*
Old 05-07-2010, 04:06 AM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So Kermit is officially DEAD!! As some of you know my truck's been getting repainted after being re-ended by madam text-a-lot on the freeway so after what seemed like a whole freaking month...I FINALLY got it back today!!!

The main color is Satin Gray/Silver, it's a bit of a freaky color because it doesn't stop changing. One minute it looks like liquid mercury, and as a cloud covers the sun the paint starts to take on a light bronze/Maroon hue to it, clouds disappear again and it looks like gun metal gray with flakes in it...and so on!! I'm really liking it. I obviously didn't want a totally monotone color paint job so I threw in some flat black stripes, off-set to not be too cliche, and painted the mirrors, door handles, mesh Grill to match as well as the Chevy emblem.
I got the truck back when the sun had already gone down so maybe tomorrow or the day after I'll get some pics of it during the day, but the truck changes attitude as I change the flash settings so here's a few pics to begin with.

NO FLASH SHOTS...

WITH FLASH...

SOFT FLASH...

And here's a few pics that I was able to take during the day as they were still working on it, don't mind the wheels, they haven't been cleaned yet...

And the HD front end, emblem not painted yet...

Also let me know what you think, if you hate it than please speak up, I'd like to hear your thoughts as well. There's a few things I have to take it back to the paint shop for next week so some changes/alterations will/can be done to it. Specifically, I need to know whether or not to color match the handles with the Satin Gray or leave them flat black like they are now. Let me hear it, Pro's and Con's, good and bad! I haven't thought of a new name yet for this one, any suggestions!?
Looks pretty darn for an armadillo chaser You wouldn't believe how many OTW people at the track were gawking over it

Quick Reply: New Satin Gray and Flat Black paint job!