SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Satin Gray and Flat Black paint job!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 03:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think u should connect the stripe to the bumper
Old 04-24-2010, 03:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

other then that looks fukin killer props nice sporty truck
Old 04-24-2010, 03:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
-And are the stake pockets the holes in the front of the bumper you referring too?
no they are the 4 holes on top of each corner of the bed is what i meant. little late now as they would have to be filled like smoothing door handles..
I would go as dark as you can (living in cali) with all the front lights to help flow along with the wheels and stripe to getting it looking the best imo..
Old 04-24-2010, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks awesome!

Like you already said,I would run clear corner lights. Also I would have the calipers painted the silver color.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:06 AM
12 Second Truck Club

nice paint job. definitely paint the handles, mirrors.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really digging the new paint job, looks awewsome! Did you have to do anything to make the HD bumper cap work, or does it just snap into place?
Old 04-24-2010, 08:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

looks BADASS. i agree with color matching the handles and mirrors, clear corners but IMO you should have done an HD hood too.

by stake pockets he is referring to the holes in the top edges of the bed sides
Old 04-24-2010, 11:34 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Most Hated
i think u should connect the stripe to the bumper...other then that looks fukin killer props nice sporty truck
I was worried that it will look odd going all the way down to the ground no? I realized that there's no pic of the *** end of the truck so here's one, but as you can see the stripes stop at the tail gate too, not sure if I should take them both all the way to the ground?

Name:  CIMG4638.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  78.9 KB

Originally Posted by skolman91
no they are the 4 holes on top of each corner of the bed is what i meant. little late now as they would have to be filled like smoothing door handles..
I would go as dark as you can (living in cali) with all the front lights to help flow along with the wheels and stripe to getting it looking the best imo..
A gotcha!! Well, truth be told, I'm still gonna be using this as a truck to haul everything under the sun around so I kinda need the "stake pockets" for tying down straps and what not. That would look killer though!!

And I'm not going very dark on the lights, really really light tint actually.

Originally Posted by sharpshooter
looks awesome!

Like you already said,I would run clear corner lights. Also I would have the calipers painted the silver color.
Yeah, thought crossed my mind but I wanted to see how the Red pop's out from behind the wheels, you don't think it'd be a little too much color matching if I did that?

Originally Posted by dlt76028
nice paint job. definitely paint the handles, mirrors.
Slept on it, and I will!
ummmm...wanna trade!

j/k PS Don't sell your truck!!

Originally Posted by sureshot
I'm really digging the new paint job, looks awewsome! Did you have to do anything to make the HD bumper cap work, or does it just snap into place?
Yeah, I had to buy a whole new bumper!!
I'm not sure so don't quote me on this but I don't think the bumper cap pops or snaps into place on top of the old bumper...or does it?
I ended up buying the HD bumper to go along with the cap and the grill. The HD bumper needed new mounting brackets so I had to cut the old ones off and weld new brackets on. Not sure all that was necessary since I don't ever hear about anyone else having to do that. Maybe someone who's also done this conversion can chime in and let us know the easier way of doing this because I'm pretty sure what I did wasn't really necessary.

Originally Posted by 454navyss
looks BADASS. i agree with color matching the handles and mirrors, clear corners but IMO you should have done an HD hood too.
No good on the mirrors flat black mirrors huh? If I paint those it will really change the profile of the truck alot, it's like a hot girl who's got big ears that stick out...could end up like that.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

they dont look bad being flat black but i think they stick out more not being the same color as the rest of the truck. if it ends up not looking good you can always have them resprayed flat black
Old 04-24-2010, 11:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO, i think a roll pan with matching stripes would look good. color match the mirrors and handles, put some headlights and blinker lights that have the black background and clear lenses in it, and some tasteful LED taillights and 3rd brake light like the hella's^^^^ slightly tinted. LEAVE THE CALIPERS RED!! they look sick

the truck looks (.)(.) by the way

Last edited by LS1TRUCKGUY; 04-24-2010 at 11:50 AM.

Quick Reply: New Satin Gray and Flat Black paint job!