SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Satin Gray and Flat Black paint job!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Most Hated
i think u should connect the stripe to the bumper
very very nicely done Jules, looks awesome!!! beside this ^^^ it's pretty damn perfect as it sits with it's new color...

so, yeah:
Name:  merikey.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  22.0 KB

-Rob
Old 04-24-2010, 11:16 PM
Launching!

wow thats a sick color. i wanted to do a similar stripe on mine when it came time to paint mine. are the mirrors going to be painted?
Old 04-25-2010, 01:00 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man that looks awesome, I love it! It's great to see something different for a change!
Old 04-25-2010, 01:04 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it Julien, the color is good and I like the offset stripe. Color match and call it a day!
Old 04-25-2010, 01:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that truck is amazing. id rock it any day over my ss even if it had a 4.8 in it lol.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:01 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome thanks for all the compliments and also for the suggestions on what might/could make it better. So there's a couple things that I'm gonna do...
Paint the buckets to match and leave the pull black just to see how that looks and if that doesn't work than I'll paint the pulls as well so that it's all solid.
Paint the mirrors.
Look into getting the stripe taken all the way down onto the front bumper.
Get the front bumper re-aligned as it looks like it's just a bit off kilter.
And I'm currently looking for some clear corner/blinker lights but everywhere I look it's either too expensive or not available for a few weeks, I'll keep looking though.
And a few misc stuff too. I'm gonna keep the brakes red for now, kinda like them but that doesn't mean I won't touch them at some later point. Thanks for all the input, very much appreciated!!

I spent the day drinking with some girls at Disneyland , but I was able to get a few shots this morning on the way out the door. Nothing special as they were taken with my Iphone but it was daytime so it does help show the paint job a little better too.

Name:  IMG_0293.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  60.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0295.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  53.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0296.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  60.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0297.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  71.4 KB

Last edited by Spoolin; 04-25-2010 at 04:10 AM.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:37 AM
TECH Addict

You check Ebay yet??? Alot of us have been finding nice headlights, bumper lights, and tail lights on there for a good price. I know I havent had any issues with mine..

Here are a few I found real quick, I am almost positive that Sierra bumper lights fit the 99-02 Silverado bumper lights. I believe my corner lights are 99-02 Silverado. Someone correct me if not..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-04...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-01...Q5fAccessories

And here is a clear headlights/corner light set acutally for a 99-02 silvy,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00...Q5fAccessories
Old 04-25-2010, 09:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Spoolin
I obviously didn't want a totally monotone color paint job so I threw in some flat black stripes, off-set to not be too cliche, and painted the mirrors, door handles, mesh grill to match as well as the Chevy emblem.

WITH FLASH...

And the HD front end, emblem not painted yet...

Also let me know what you think, if you hate it than please speak up, I'd like to hear your thoughts as well. There's a few things I have to take it back to the paint shop for next week so some changes/alterations will/can be done to it. ...Let me hear it, Pro's and Con's, good and bad!
Originally Posted by usabodyguard
I took a few pics, my camera is a little better, or I got lucky with my shots... who knows...

...and yes, color match the handles 100%... accent parts you want to highlight - handles are not something to highlight...
+1 on not highlighting handles. Color match em.

No offense Jules, but when I 1st saw your pics, I was like ahh, IDK. But Dave's pics do it more justice.

Originally Posted by Spoolin
-Plates around the exhaust are also in the works, gonna be flat black..., most likely just square/rectangle
-And like Dave said to me earlier, I can always put a coat of clear on it to change it up some if I get bored with it. ...
If exhaust plates were round / oval, it'd be less of a focal point.
On matched bucket & black pulls. Well if taken apart, handles suck w/. that roll pin. Otherwise, they must be taped off real carefully so u don't end up w/. dryspray. When my truck was hit on right side, they took my Arrival handles & sprayed em. Even tho they were brand new & the match woulda been fine. I know cringe every time I grab handle & feel dryspray.

I'm not feelin stripe, but it's yours. That said, I wouldn't extend stripe in rear x bumper all the way down to the ground. Front, maybe.
Like ws6ls1 said, put a roll pan on it with a hidden hitch so you can still tow stuff.

Calipers, leave Red for contrast. Ya, they draw unwanted attn, but I love Red calipers.

Mirrors, I can go either way on. I prefer matched on any truck, including mine, even tho mine aren't. It's a lack of funds, plus cosmetics are later, & #1 reason: I'm concerned w/. stone chips on painted mirrors.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:29 AM
Launching!

Nice color
Old 04-25-2010, 10:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

If it were any other satin color than the gray, I wouldn't like it. But for a satin, it's not bad. I've seen satin on Harleys, they call it denim.

Anyway, name... MERCURY! or Mercury vapor.

Cause when 900 HP is propelling it, it'll vaporize you.

Quick Reply: New Satin Gray and Flat Black paint job!