SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new vinyl decal stuff i designed and came up with... check it!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default new vinyl decal stuff i designed and came up with... check it!

let me know what you guys think about the .... thumbs up or down ??

first off i did a flatt black overlay on my iss spoiler with super sport embossed... i think it looks off the hook !!

second up i did some pirelli decals on my rims , i think it looks tough ....

Old 04-25-2010, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not a fan of decals but it looks nice
Old 04-26-2010, 12:12 AM
On The Tree

Looks ****. Whats the orange stuff on the side of your truck?
Old 04-26-2010, 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

dope, i like it...
Old 04-26-2010, 05:19 AM
Blown 427 LSX

I really like the wing... its a great added accent to the truck. I always try and tell people, think of the big picture, dont look at each mod individually - if you do, you will end up with a truck that just looks like it has a bunch of mods that dont really go well with eachother in a total package type of build.

Most people cant build a truck/car star to finish all at once, which is easier to create a theme... even if you build your truck, as most people do, one mod at a time, have a theme you want to go with - think it through... but always add accents to the truck and not just mods.

Now youre truck has the murdered out look - black on black on black... throwing a BRIGHT white sticker on the truck would stand out big time, but adding it to a moving part of the truck, is going to draw attention away from the truck and put it all on your wheels - with people staring at it while your driving trying to figure out WTF it says or why its there... instead of adding an accent to your truck, you have added a distration - imo.

I like where your idea is, but im not sure about the execution - try different colors, maybe a charcoal or dark gray - still noticable, but it doesnt take away from the rest of the truck.
Look, most guys cant build a truck with a theme from start to finish all at once, so most people just add mods as they get them, all to often their trucks just look like a modded truck, without a theme - if you have a theme in mind, everything matching and I dont mean just color, but form, fit, and function - you are far better off creating something pleasing to the eyes.

In my mind, my new camaro is built from start to finish, i can see everything I want, and I dont even have it yet...

Here is a mind blower - everything you see in the world man made - from the empire state building to the house you live in has been built twice, once in the mind, and once in existance!

Keep with your murdered out theme, and do something subtle with the wheels, like you did with the wing... you'll get more from it - I guarantee it.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude.. i LOVE that spoiler decal! thats BITCHIN.. you think its possible to do one like that in a blue that matches my SS?
Old 04-26-2010, 09:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Got any full pics of the truck? I think they look bitching.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by usabodyguard
I really like the wing... its a great added accent to the truck. I always try and tell people, think of the big picture, dont look at each mod individually - if you do, you will end up with a truck that just looks like it has a bunch of mods that dont really go well with eachother in a total package type of build.

Most people cant build a truck/car star to finish all at once, which is easier to create a theme... even if you build your truck, as most people do, one mod at a time, have a theme you want to go with - think it through... but always add accents to the truck and not just mods.

Now youre truck has the murdered out look - black on black on black... throwing a BRIGHT white sticker on the truck would stand out big time, but adding it to a moving part of the truck, is going to draw attention away from the truck and put it all on your wheels - with people staring at it while your driving trying to figure out WTF it says or why its there... instead of adding an accent to your truck, you have added a distration - imo.

I like where your idea is, but im not sure about the execution - try different colors, maybe a charcoal or dark gray - still noticable, but it doesnt take away from the rest of the truck.
Look, most guys cant build a truck with a theme from start to finish all at once, so most people just add mods as they get them, all to often their trucks just look like a modded truck, without a theme - if you have a theme in mind, everything matching and I dont mean just color, but form, fit, and function - you are far better off creating something pleasing to the eyes.

In my mind, my new camaro is built from start to finish, i can see everything I want, and I dont even have it yet...

Here is a mind blower - everything you see in the world man made - from the empire state building to the house you live in has been built twice, once in the mind, and once in existance!

Keep with your murdered out theme, and do something subtle with the wheels, like you did with the wing... you'll get more from it - I guarantee it.

What he said, just not in such a well written, well thought of manner. I think to wing/spoiler looks really good! I'm not a huge fan of the decals just because they do take a great deal of attention. But still pretty cool. But I have put camo accents on the last 2 of my 3 trucks and get flamed for it but I don't really care because I like it. So do what you want!!!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 10:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the wing looks great and i like the rims too....
Old 04-26-2010, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not digging the side body stickers either but i like the way it looks. I wouldn't do that to my truck though. I dont like to draw attention to my truck when its just parked. A few of my friends have gotten keyed just for having a truck club on their stock truck.

Haters...

Quick Reply: new vinyl decal stuff i designed and came up with... check it!