Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinion on hoods

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Opinion on hoods

Narrowed it down to the shaker hood or a RamAir Hood that looks identical to the ws6 Firebirds. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails Opinion on hoods-hood.jpg  
Old 03-12-2004, 10:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Of those two, I would probably choose the shaker.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Shaker. If I had my own truck that;s what I would get. It's fuctoinal too. I tried to convince my dad to get it for his truck. Oh what colors is your truck or will it be? That would make a big difference.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:26 AM
Banned

screw a shaker...my T/A style hood looks GREAT, required quite a bit of working the fiberglass due to shitty molds used, but in the end it's pretty nice.
Old 03-13-2004, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 72firebird
Shaker. If I had my own truck that;s what I would get. It's fuctoinal too. I tried to convince my dad to get it for his truck. Oh what colors is your truck or will it be? That would make a big difference.
Truck is white, you would apreciate this, maybe a silver bird emblem if I go with the shaker!!
Old 03-13-2004, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would go with the shaker but I wouldn't get a silver bird. I would look into some of the Blue stripes you couuld get on the 2nd Gen TAs and see about getting some made for the truck. I think that would look reallly good. I would suggest just going to the Multimedia Section and having them photoshop you just about every idea that you have and choose what you think looks best.
Old 03-13-2004, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

i think you should go with the WS6 style hood, that shaker hood in the pic looks kinda weird like it doesn't belong on the truck? but thats my opinion...

whats up with the partially painted grille shell in that pic too? that looks retarded IMO.
Old 03-13-2004, 01:56 PM
14 Second Truck Club

i don't think it's as functional as you may think. i was going to go with this hood a looong time ago but decided not to. one it's made with fiberglass. two it's kinda pricey. and three, that shaker does just that, shakes. it'll take alot more work than some fiberglass and an air filter to make that a truly functional shaker. on the flip side of things, i havn't seen any sierras with one of those hoods on the road, so you'll get a few points for being original. it's a good looking hood, but the price of what you get can be debated in my opinion.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:44 PM
I Like Gold!!!

man if i could buy a hood all over again i would buy the WS6 over any other hood, but its ur money man. that shaker looks funny but the WS6 is functional already. good luck with the hood
Old 03-14-2004, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Im going for an original look, I've always loved the ws6 hood, but i think the look better and a reg cab, but thats my opinion. Both hoods are pretty pricy, but I figure im only gonna have the money once so do it right. The only ws6 hood I found is this one http://www.usbody.com/Pages_Trucks/88-Chevy.htm Anybody know who else to get them from. I can get the shaker hood for around $890 no freight charge. Its a tuff choice. THANKS FOR THE INPUT.

Quick Reply: Opinion on hoods