SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P-i-t-a

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 11:39 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep, Thats what I saw out of that too. DAMN THATS LEAN!! there are a few good local tuners. SNL has one, SQR has one, and there is a vette shop somewhere that is ok.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I told him to contact wheatley. Might as well go with someone who tunes trucks everyday rather than local "tuners" that have questionable tuning practices.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fastrt
yep, Thats what I saw out of that too. DAMN THATS LEAN!! there are a few good local tuners. SNL has one, SQR has one, and there is a vette shop somewhere that is ok.
LG motorsports is the "Vette shop" eric is talking about i think. All of those are pricey, but ok tuners.

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
I told him to contact wheatley. Might as well go with someone who tunes trucks everyday rather than local "tuners" that have questionable tuning practices.
+1 For the price of Wheatley's tunes, you can't beat it! Charlie knows his **** also.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by f4tal
LG motorsports is the "Vette shop" eric is talking about i think. All of those are pricey, but ok tuners.

+1 For the price of Wheatley's tunes, you can't beat it! Charlie knows his **** also.
There are 3 vette shops in dallas area, LG Motorsports (wylie), Quality Motorsports(Lewisville), and Corvettes of Dallas. I would think the all should be decent but LG would by far be the most pricey of the 3 because they specialize in High Horsepower cars so they charge out the wazoo...

I have heard good things about Simple Quick here in fort worth but the guy tunes at night so you usually have to leave your truck or car up there over night for a couple of nights.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Just my opinion... tuning cars is different than tuning trucks... The weight, different motors, trans, gears, lack of respect for truck quickness, etc...
Old 01-26-2011, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just my opinion... tuning cars is different than tuning trucks... The weight, different motors, trans, gears, lack of respect for truck quickness, etc...
Totally agree!!
I know one of the guys at LG used to tune Moze's truck though, 6.0 pt88.
That truck was pretty rediculously fast IMO.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Absolutely, and alot of the shops that specialize in Corvettes, Gto's and Camaro's turn there noses up at trucks when they roll in........
Old 01-26-2011, 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

me and wheatly are gonna get the tune knocked out when i get the money...i may drive down there and get a live street tune, road trips are always fun

and thanks again corey. your probably the reason my truck'll still be on the road in a month cause ive been ragging on it since the swap