SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint Prep??

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 11:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

paint can be bought in a spray can, but i find a phneumatic gun is way better. alot less chances of drips or runs. The code you are looking for is in your glove box (there is a white sticker on theglove box door inside) next to the abbreviation BCC or CC for my indigo blue o1 silverado was U9792 or U9297 i think, have to go check. But look in your glove box and you will get the exact paint code
Old 03-03-2004, 02:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by drkblusierra
Y2K Those look great, sorry if this seems retarded, but can you buy the paint in a spray can? or did they have to mix up the paint for you? how much was it? and whats the paint code I should be looking for?
Thanks, its really best to have it mixed up. They don't guarantee it matching out of a can. The paint was 30 dollars for a pint that mixed down to a sprayable quart. You can do alot of painting with this sprayable quart....i've done numerous pieces with this amount and still have some left over

Personally i wouldn't recommend doing it out of a spray can since you will not be happy with the results. Spray cans typically spray out way too much paint which leads to runs and a messy job. As for your paint code...it is in your glovebox on the label! I wanted to say the indigo is 9792 or something similar...but please check in your glovebox for the code, its in plain view. If you are missing the sticker with the code, the paint store will be able to help you out since they have tons of materials on codes and what not.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:49 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 1stoopidfly4.8
paint can be bought in a spray can, but i find a phneumatic gun is way better. alot less chances of drips or runs. The code you are looking for is in your glove box (there is a white sticker on theglove box door inside) next to the abbreviation BCC or CC for my indigo blue o1 silverado was U9792 or U9297 i think, have to go check. But look in your glove box and you will get the exact paint code
Originally Posted by Y2KSierra
Thanks, its really best to have it mixed up. They don't guarantee it matching out of a can. The paint was 30 dollars for a pint that mixed down to a sprayable quart. You can do alot of painting with this sprayable quart....i've done numerous pieces with this amount and still have some left over

Personally i wouldn't recommend doing it out of a spray can since you will not be happy with the results. Spray cans typically spray out way too much paint which leads to runs and a messy job. As for your paint code...it is in your glovebox on the label! I wanted to say the indigo is 9792 or something similar...but please check in your glovebox for the code, its in plain view. If you are missing the sticker with the code, the paint store will be able to help you out since they have tons of materials on codes and what not.

you dont say....