SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

painted mirror inserts part numbers

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every parts guy I've talked to said they where'nt a serviceable part. Are you sure they are available? I work in a body shop and I've tried ordering just the caps more than a few times thinking eventually they would be able to get them. If they are now available that would be much easier than my usual way of getting them. I had been waiting for totals and mirror replacement jobs to ****** them from.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dragonman0325
Every parts guy I've talked to said they where'nt a serviceable part. Are you sure they are available? I work in a body shop and I've tried ordering just the caps more than a few times thinking eventually they would be able to get them. If they are now available that would be much easier than my usual way of getting them. I had been waiting for totals and mirror replacement jobs to ****** them from.
Last time I checked, (about 6 mo. ago), the local dealership said that you had to order the entire mirror, which is stupid. If you can get some off of a wrecked vehicle, I would be interested in purchasing them. If not, I might peel the chrome off of mine and paint them.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dragonman0325
That is correct - they are a non-serviceable part. That means you can not order them through the dealership. You have to go aftermarket (or salvage yard) for these pieces.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MarineBlue03GMC
cool I guess now I have to find a trucks VIN. How do I do that? Just go to a dealer and ask to see a car?
I found a suburban on ebay that had the colored caps and door handles to get the VIN so that I could get my painted handles. The inserts themselves aren't available (at least the last time I checked) as everyone else has pointed out.