Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of Steering Column Gauge Pod ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 10:03 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboJohn6
I like it in my truck. I have an Autometer electric boost gauge mounted in it. It is easy to read. No need to paint. Matches the steering collumn color nicely. Tilt works fine. Looks like a factory piece. You are limited to using electric gauges only. There is only room for wires unless you do some modifying. Wilde is right about getting to the cluster once this is mounted. It is a pain in the *** to remove the dash bezel with this gauge pod in place. I would recommend it to anyone though.
Any pictures of your set up?
Old 10-22-2006, 01:11 AM
On The Tree

I got mine through the local autoparts store instead of from jegs or summit. They had to special order it but they will usually match the price and you dont have to pay shipping. Saved me about $15. Aslo, I used the VHT plastic paint and it matches the graphite interior perfect.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:32 PM
Launching!

So I searched for the newer trucks to see how it fits, say 04. I didn't see anything really saying what the issue is. Can anyone give me a for instance. And has anyone tried the stock color to see if it is close or does it need paint for sure.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:27 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is not painted. but it is a 2000
Old 10-24-2006, 01:17 PM
14 Second Truck Club

i just got mine today and it doesn't fit my 06. i think i can make it work with a little grinding. i'll post some pics when i get home.

Last edited by 2k5Squirrel; 10-24-2006 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:08 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 2k5Squirrel
i just got mine today and it doesn't fit my 06. i think i can make it work with a little grinding. i'll post some pics when i get home.
nevermind, i'm taking it back. might get that socal diesel pod
Old 10-24-2006, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Here you go BADMOFO. I can read all of my gauges clearly without any obstruction from my boost gauge. The picture does not show it that way but from my normal driving position everything is visible. I guess the height of the person driving might change the view of the gauges a little. As I said before, I did not paint mine and it blends in with the factory colors on my truck (2000) nicely. I don't know if the newer model years are different or not. IMO it is a very nice set-up. I would recommend it to anyone.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of Steering Column Gauge Pod ???-picture-728.jpg   Pics of Steering Column Gauge Pod ???-picture-729.jpg  
Old 10-24-2006, 09:07 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Here you go BADMOFO. I can read all of my gauges clearly without any obstruction from my boost gauge. The picture does not show it that way but from my normal driving position everything is visible. I guess the height of the person driving might change the view of the gauges a little. As I said before, I did not paint mine and it blends in with the factory colors on my truck (2000) nicely. I don't know if the newer model years are different or not. IMO it is a very nice set-up. I would recommend it to anyone.
Thanks for the picture bro! Do you remove the factory piece and put this in its place, or does it go over the factory piece? How hard is it to install...looks easy.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No problem...It is not hard to install at all. It goes over the factory steering column cover. You have to drill 4 small holes in your factory cover. The pod then attaches with small plastic (interior panel style) push-in fasteners. Hardest part is running the wires.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:50 AM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

No problem...It is not hard to install at all. It goes over the factory steering column cover. You have to drill 4 small holes in your factory cover. The pod then attaches with small plastic (interior panel style) push-in fasteners. Hardest part is running the wires.
Wow, I kinda thought you had to take your factory piece off, as tight as it fits and all. I'm in the mood for one, but the one at Summit looks like it mounts the gauge on the other side of the hazzard button, and I'm not sure if thats a good thing or not, or if the picture is wrong. You wouldn't happen to have the part number off of yours would you??

Quick Reply: Pics of Steering Column Gauge Pod ???