SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picture of my truck - Any photoshoppers want to help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 04:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Three6GMC
me likey

if there were a po po silverado this is what it would look like lol
Old 07-29-2010, 07:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by gs7793
me likey

if there were a po po silverado this is what it would look like lol
Here's a real po po Silverado:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4S2E033Dik
Old 07-29-2010, 08:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by slpsilverado
Here's a real po po Silverado:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4S2E033Dik

Thats the kits from swps.com there some nice kits i stay away from that site tho cuz if i get ahold of anything from them i think i would get myself into alot of trouble lol id want to flash them every were I go. Somthing about blinky lights amazes me !!! lmao
Old 07-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!

definently do it! lots of people black there trucks out but it doesnt seem to get old!
Old 07-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Honestly i have never liked anything completely blacked out... IMO it just looks plain. I am more of a old school hot rodder that likes some chrome and shinny stuff. IMO if your going to black everything out, at least leave the wheels a color so the truck pops a little bit... Just my .02....
Old 07-29-2010, 10:02 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
Honestly i have never liked anything completely blacked out... IMO it just looks plain. I am more of a old school hot rodder that likes some chrome and shinny stuff. IMO if your going to black everything out, at least leave the wheels a color so the truck pops a little bit... Just my .02....
I agree with this. I have never been a big fan of black rims. IMO, one of the few good looking trucks I've seen on here with black rims is Zeke2007. He has enough red to offset the black, and it pops.

To me, a black truck with black rims is like wearing unicolor clothing. It just looks weird.

But, hey, to each his own! If you like it, that's all that matters!
Old 07-29-2010, 10:30 AM
TECH Junkie

See, to me Corey I'm just the opposite. The more chrome the more of a circus wagon it looks like to me. I like vehicles that never quite look finished. Something that prototypical or experimental always grabs me. I was thinking of sticking a pair of these onto my front fenders. I'm not sure if it would look like a mexi-truck with the emblems or not though........

Old 07-30-2010, 11:52 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hirdlej
See, to me Corey I'm just the opposite. The more chrome the more of a circus wagon it looks like to me. I like vehicles that never quite look finished. Something that prototypical or experimental always grabs me. I was thinking of sticking a pair of these onto my front fenders. I'm not sure if it would look like a mexi-truck with the emblems or not though........

Not diggin the badge on fender idea, just my .02. I think that the truck will look great blacked out though, even though the splash of chrome has grown on me. I have chrome bumpers and mirror caps, and still have to install my Esky handles...just enough chrome to break it up and not make it look gaudy IMO.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For some odd reason, I don't know why I wanted to put some badges on the truck, what I ended up doing was remove the LS badges and installed the small GM logo on both sides.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

100% agree with your chrome philosophy. Chrome belongs on older cars. Today's cars are filled with chrome plated plastic everywhere and it just looks tacky/cheap to me. There's just something intriguing and classy about an all black vehicle that you don't get from another colored car. I guess if you don't understand what I mean, you never will. As for the emblems, don't do it.

Quick Reply: Picture of my truck - Any photoshoppers want to help?