Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pinstripe or small graphics????

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 01:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pinstripe or small graphics????

Well, the truck is painted (factory toreadore red on top and volvo mystic silver on the bottom). Now its time to put a pinstripe over the line but all the pinstriping that 3M makes at least what my body man can get looks like crap and none of the colors match. But I found a local graphics shop that can make me some custom pinstriping or graphics out of vinyl. What do you guys think I should do?? Has anyone done the graphics before?? I just wand something to cover the line where the paints meet, nothing too big, maybe 1 to 1-1/2 inches wide, smaller if I get pinstripe, I was thinking maybe some small tribal if they have it. Does anyone have any pics of trucks done with the graphics like that?? THANKS!!!!
Old 01-11-2005, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry about the repeat post, my computer is acting up, please delete the other two. THANKS
Old 01-11-2005, 07:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anybody???
Old 01-11-2005, 11:09 PM
TECH Veteran

I would do some simple custom pin stripping. Something clean. Might sound funny but black 1/8" pin stripe might look cool. Have any pics? I can photoshop it for you.

I took care of the other two threads for ya.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for pulling the other threads. I dont have any pics to post yet, Hell I domt even have the truck, Lats monday I dropped it off @ a body shop to straighten the frame and the guy still hasnt touched it yet. I can get something simple like the 1/8 black from my body man but I wanted something different. This graphics place can do pretty much anything I want so I was thinking maybe some tribal art or something. The girl quoted me $200 for them to do it. Thats kind of high but my biggest worry is that the vinyl will be too thick or it just wont look good. I might just go simple I dont know.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:32 AM
TECH Veteran

No problem.

How did you frame end up getting bent?

Some of these vinyl graphic places are getting pretty sophisticated. Personally I'm not big on the tribal thing but it would be something other than plain black. I think the new vinyl that some of the shops are using is really thin now too.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

I bought the truck wrecked (got it from a guy we know who buys them@ auctions fixes them and sells them) He bought it totaled and we bought it from him and fixed it up, we never noticed that it was bent untill we put the stock wheels and tire back on and got it on level ground. It was hit hard on the drivers side but missed the wheel and just grazed the bumper, the fender was smashed in almost to the cab, the cab buckled @ the floor and pushed the front door into the xtra cab door. I'ts really no big deal we got a body shop to chop out the bad section of cab (they cut the A pillar right @ the dash level and about 1-1/2 feet out of the floor) and welded in a good piece, then we changed the 2 doors. I think some of it might be the infamous "Chevy Lean". I'm not worried cuz these guys can work wonders with a frame machine. When I get it back I'm going to go check out theis graphics place.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:56 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check around and see if there is anyone in your area that does PAINT pinstriping. You can get the color just right, and it will look MUCH nicer than vinyl. Have you already cleared the truck?
Old 01-12-2005, 09:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah its been cleared.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

you might check out your local cop cars, where i work, the vinyl graphics guy did our cop cars, and it doesnt look too bad. Where are you from, he goes all over the country and does big jobs, and he might be able to get you something good for cheap.

Quick Reply: Pinstripe or small graphics????