SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post a Pic of your Truck!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The motor is an all aluminum bowtie V6 and turbocharged. Custom sheetmetal intake, custom Brodix heads, custom Moldex crank, JE pistons, custom Cunningham rods. sequential fire ignition, Big Stuff 3 engine management, custom headers, downpipe, Tial wastegate, Tial BOV, custom cam grind, huge intercooler. Currently, she sits on jackstands, motorless. The engine dyno session is next week. I expect at least 2 days of dyno testing to get the engine and boost control dialed in.

Engine:

Intercooler & intake:

Here is the front suspension setup. Ohlins/Hypercoil custom coilovers and custom one off tubular suspension:

Rear is a 3 link panhard bar with center link and anti squat, Ohlins/Hypercoils(old pic with Bilsteins):

Rear mounted radiator and fuel cell:

and huge 13.5x1.25 Alcon B type brakes:

BBS Racing Forged aluminum and magnesium center rims 12x17 front and rear. Will be running Nitto NT01 R Compound 315 35 17 tires

Originally Posted by Spoolin
All aluminum? Holy crap! Sounds like an awesome and expensive project!
Thanks for sharing that video as well, that was pretty awesome. Kinda reminded me of my typhoon and how she handled turns watching you make those laps. What's your current set up now? I know it isn't stock just by listening to the blow-off valve.

Last edited by ivanko; 07-05-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Staging Lane

heres my 6.0 as of now:

back then
Old 07-05-2008, 04:26 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ivanko: That is a truely well thought out and executed build! congrats! When I saw your vid I was thinking to myself no way is that stock because I know mine would of overheated and melted something on lap 1 so I knew something was up but had no idea it was this extensive! Truely awesome build and can't wait to see results of your future track exploits...what kinda numbers at the crank are you expecting and at what boost?
Old 07-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Teching In

I'm hoping for around 500-550 crank horsepower at 5500 rpm all day long on pump gas. We'll see. C-16 race gas I'm hoping for 700 hp for the occasional drag race. These are only ideas in my mind and the engine dyno will tell the truth next week. Really the size of the turbo (T-67) is the limiting factor. I'm not looking for all out absolute drag race horsepower, rather reliable power, a flat power curve for the road course and good throttle response(quick spooling turbo). The engine dyno will help me determine the appropriate torque converter stall. I'm running a paddle shifted 4l80E btw.

http://www.highperformancetrucks.com/news/?p=45

Heat is a real problem with road racing. I had to address many issues with heat. One reason the radiator is in the bed is the intercooler has to be so huge in order to with the heat dissipation that there was no room in the engine compartment for both the radiator and the intercooler. Brakes on a stock Sy/Ty are suicide if driven hard on a road coarse. I've heard of cases where the rotors have shattered if not the brake pedal going to the floor after a hard lap. Everything has been set up on the truck to effectively deal with heat. I have a huge transmission cooler and a very deep trans pan to keep the trans temp under control. My brakes with ducting experience no fading. I'll be using a vented hood to help keep underhood temps under control as well as very expensive high temp coating on the headers and turbo exhaust housing.

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Ivanko: That is a truely well thought out and executed build! congrats! When I saw your vid I was thinking to myself no way is that stock because I know mine would of overheated and melted something on lap 1 so I knew something was up but had no idea it was this extensive! Truely awesome build and can't wait to see results of your future track exploits...what kinda numbers at the crank are you expecting and at what boost?

Last edited by ivanko; 07-05-2008 at 11:40 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn Ivanko i had no idea when i asked for more pics or a video i would see suck a sick truck and build pics, lik Julien said it looks f*cking amazing and also very expensive, myu pocket hurt a little as i type.

-Rob
Old 07-07-2008, 03:07 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ivanko: I hate to get this thread too far off topic but you should post up a new thread about your truck in another section somewhere and if you already have and I missed it please point me in the right direction. I know alot of the guys on here would love to pick your brain on your build, me included. However not alot of people really read up on this specific thread so much of them are gonna miss this truck. You have an awesome truck, I'll be keeping an eye out for that post!
Old 07-07-2008, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

I am off to a good start but not done yet.

Last edited by Iraq Sucks; 07-07-2008 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Because I can
Old 07-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Old 07-13-2008, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

here's mine!!

Old 07-28-2008, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

Quick Reply: Post a Pic of your Truck!