Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powder Coated

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powder Coated

I have a black 2004 RCSB with a black Silverado SS grille. I've always liked the look of a clean black truck with very little, or no, chrome accents. The only areas of my truck now that have chrome are the front and rear bumpers. Would it be a good idea to have the chrome parts of my front and rear bumpers powder coated black? If I do this I will also paint my front lower valance black to match the front bumper cap. I want to make my truck unique and I think having my bumpers powder coated would contrast nicely to what I have in mind. Thanks for your opinions.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlackLM7
I have a black 2004 RCSB with a black Silverado SS grille. I've always liked the look of a clean black truck with very little, or no, chrome accents. The only areas of my truck now that have chrome are the front and rear bumpers. Would it be a good idea to have the chrome parts of my front and rear bumpers powder coated black? If I do this I will also paint my front lower valance black to match the front bumper cap. I want to make my truck unique and I think having my bumpers powder coated would contrast nicely to what I have in mind. Thanks for your opinions.
BlackLM7,

I have gloss black powder coated bumpers on my Avalanche. I did it about 18 months ago and they are holding up great. I like the look better than the chrome....but everyone is different. A pic is attached.
Attached Thumbnails Powder Coated-cnv0024.jpg  
Old 05-08-2005, 11:20 PM
On The Tree

Default who

who did it and how much did it cost
Old 05-08-2005, 11:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by smeshey
who did it and how much did it cost
I believe the name was Precision Powder Coating in Spring, Texas. It was $225 total to powder coat both the front and the rear bumpers ($125 for the front, $100 for the rear). This included prep. I've heard of better pricing, but they did good work, were close to my house and completed the job in a couple of days (which was what I needed).
Old 05-09-2005, 05:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BlackLM7

I was told you could scruff the chrome and shoot Z-Chrome on it and it would stick well. But, Powered coating would take rocks and other road debris well.
Either way, it will look good.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Black, there is a business near my house that says they do powder coatings. I am not sure on what scale they work on. They seem to be more in the production business, but I would give them a call. I will pm you the name and number.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you everyone for your replies. Thanks Jammin for that pic. That is what I had in mind.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

That looks real nice Jammin!! I also like the all color coated pieces. I decided to got with the SS appearance myself, looks mean all one color.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Jammin
BlackLM7,

I have gloss black powder coated bumpers on my Avalanche. I did it about 18 months ago and they are holding up great. I like the look better than the chrome....but everyone is different. A pic is attached.
whats their number and etc??? and where about is spring texas??? cause i wouldnt mind riding around with out a bumper
Old 05-15-2005, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Faze2183
whats their number and etc??? and where about is spring texas??? cause i wouldnt mind riding around with out a bumper
Spring is just north Houston. Here is the address and phone number.

EDIT: Posting non-sponsor contact info is not allowed.